Anyone have a tatto on their side/ribs?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am not new to tattoos. i have 10 of them but the next one i want to get is going to be on my side/ribs. i hear it's a very painful spot- one of the most painful spots. i think i handle pain pretty well, but i always get nervous anyways. i have a tatto on my foot, ankle, both wrists, back of neck, upper back, a large peice over my entire lower back, and my shoulder.
    thanks for any feedback.

p.s i'm also not looking for any "don't get anymore tattoos" :biggrin: thanks!

2. I have one directly on my ribcage. I won't lie, it hurt. But, judging from how many you have already, you seem to have a high pain tolerance. IMO, I think you'll be able to get through it judging from the other areas you've had inked. You can always have the artist take a break if you feel overwhelmed. For me, it was not tremendous pain.

3. #3 Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
    I just got my entire side done a couple weeks ago. I have a pretty high pain tolerance so I didn't think it was too bad. Of course there were a couple of spots that I felt a bit more but its tolerable. I did think I felt it a little bit more my second sitting, I'm guessing because it was only 2 weeks in between so its still kind of like a fresh wound/sensitive area. I think you'll be fine getting it done since you have other areas such as your foot, wrists, and back of neck done. And like the above poster said, you can always take a break if you need to.

Wanted to add, the way I had to lay on my side for 2-2 1/2 hours each sitting with my arm going over my head and falling asleep seemed more uncomfortable lol

4. thanks for your input ladies!

5. I have one on my ribcage too, and in all honesty, it wasn't as painful as I'd thought. It was more awkward than anything because of laying there having to hold still. But I also have mine in a place that I had to have my bra half on/half off to have it done, so I was preoccupied with making sure no one was getting a peek while I was on the table.

6. I'm getting one done on my ribs within the next few weeks. From my surveys of all my friends that have them... the general consensus is that it hurts, but it's definately not the most painful spot.

7. thanks guys!

8. I have one on each side and it hurt, but not as bad as I thought it would. Honestly, I think the top of the foot hurt more...

9. Really? I have one on the top of my foot and it was nothing for me! Okay then. Maybe i can handle it!

10. I want one going from my ribs down my side onto my back side....gonna be big and painfull :smile: I already have one on my lower back, foot, and shoulder.