Anyone have a Pochette Cosmétique?

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I am considering this as a future purchase. I am not sure whether I need a cosmetic bag to carry with me all the time, so I think it's more a purchase just because it is cute! Does anyone have one? What do you carry in yours, and how often do you use it?

I have one. The mini pochette that came with my bucket was stolen and they weren't selling them separately at the time, so I got the pochette cosmetique to replace it. It holds a ton. I don't use it every day because I generally only bring a lipgloss to work with me. But if I'm going out straight from work and need everything - foundation, eyeliner, blush, etc. - it's perfect.

Are you talking about the one that has sort of a dome top and looks like a triangle from the side? I have that one. It was a bit of an impulse buy and at first I was like, do I need this? But now I'm glad I have it! Here's what goes in mine:
- the pocket inside holds receipts
- small Smythson agenda
- packet of blotting papers
- powder compact
- pen
- pack of orbit gum
- tube of chapstick-sized lipbalm
- tube of lipstick-sized lipbalm
- tube of mac lipglass
Not bad! It's pretty roomy, and I've found it to be very convenient, it helps keep my BH organized. However, I have one complaint which is that the monogram is rubbing off on the corners. I've had it since August. It doesn't bug me too much because given the way the bag is made, that seems inevitable, and it's just the printing, the canvas itself is fine. It's not very noticeable but it might bother some people. Overall I would recommend it for sure!

I have one!!! I owned it originally in Mono but then sold it and purchased a Damier version. I use it all of the time but I don't put make-up in it. I use it to hold misc. stuff in my purse - a small brush, extra lip balm, band aids, earphones, hand lotion, etc. It's a great little case and it's washable on the inside (not that I've ever spilled anything in it!)

Are you talking about the one that has sort of a dome top and looks like a triangle from the side? I have that one. It was a bit of an impulse buy and at first I was like, do I need this? But now I'm glad I have it! Here's what goes in mine:
- the pocket inside holds receipts
- small Smythson agenda
- packet of blotting papers
- powder compact
- pen
- pack of orbit gum
- tube of chapstick-sized lipbalm
- tube of lipstick-sized lipbalm
- tube of mac lipglass
Not bad! It's pretty roomy, and I've found it to be very convenient, it helps keep my BH organized. However, I have one complaint which is that the monogram is rubbing off on the corners. I've had it since August. It doesn't bug me too much because given the way the bag is made, that seems inevitable, and it's just the printing, the canvas itself is fine. It's not very noticeable but it might bother some people. Overall I would recommend it for sure!

Yes! I will post a pic for clarity. This is a good idea...I usually have gum in my purse, and a small bottle of ibuprofen and another of benadryl. This might be handy for those little "loose" items that should be easy to find but never are! Thanks to everyone for their comments!

Attachments

• p10022617_ph_hero.jpg
    p10022617_ph_hero.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 94
Ooh I'm getting the Damier one next week, I can't wait!! I currently use my Trunks & Bags Mini Pochette for cosmetics, but this will be much better, being bigger and deeper. My T&B will then become my iPod pouch. Will use the PC for cosmetics, pills, random small things like hairties. Love it's hot red lining!

p10333976_ph_hero.jpg

I carry my lipgloss, powder, pocketsize perfume, nailfile, pen and mints in mine. And anything else that might possibly make a mess in my purse. I love mine, had it for years and still looks great. It has a open pocket inside too!

I have one and I love it! It is the perfect size.

I carry:

Chanel Teint Innocence 1 fl. oz.
Chanel powder compact
Chanel blush compact
Chanel stubby brush for powder/blush
Benefit concealer
Generic make up sponge

I have the Damier one! I carry it every day in my purse to hold my iPod, lip gloss, tissues, mascara, bubble gum, small mirror and so on. I really :heart: it.
It's very versatile and can hold a whole lot! Can't go wrong with it.

i really need to get something small to fit all my little fiddley things in (like lipstick and asprin) thank you for bringing all of these ideas to my attention!!

i love tPF!