Anyone have a METALLIC CAVIAR bag?

phillj12

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
Just curious if anyone has a Chanel bag in either dark silver or bronze caviar? I'm wondering if it's as durable as the other caviars. It has a very different feel to it so hard to know how it will hold up.

THANK YOU!

This my metallic bronze caviar maxi... yeah the caviar is very different then the usual maxi which is more pebbly.... you can see the mark difference compared to my 10C maxi (the pebbly one).... It does appear more softer (?fragile) but it works with the metallic because there is two tone involve... But still much better (more durable) if you compare with a lambskin which easily scratches and dents... :P

Attachments

• IMG_0555.JPG
    IMG_0555.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_0800.jpg
    IMG_0800.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_0795.JPG
    IMG_0795.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_0560.JPG
    IMG_0560.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 636
I have tan/gold bag in caviar calfskin. It looks more tan, but the tag says gold. It really only looks metallic under certain lights or in the flash of a camera. So far it's holding up well. I had a black lambskin flap that I sold. I was afraid to even breathe on that bag because the leather seemed so delicate and I'm totally OCD with my things. With this tan bag, I'm more afraid of color transfer or getting a stain.

I posted a question similar to yours asking if anyone else had a light colored bag like mine and how it held up. (Back in Jan when I bought it.) Just one responder to the actual question who said the metallics do not age as well. Everyone else said they really liked the color.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 503
Personally I'm not really into metallics either. Especially gold. Everything I own is silver colored. This bag was just so pretty and more of a pale gold that only looks metallic under bright lights. I couldn't pass it up. Plus it is a special edition color which cuts down the chance of running into someone else with the same bag which I love.

People like metallics, just may not have specifically metallic caviar ;)
I have metallic lamb and calf, but I can't help since it's not caviar :biggrin:

So pretty! I guess people don't tend to go for metallics? I really like them tho!

I recently purchased this reissue bag in a color called " light gold". I love a metallic since I wear so much black/neutrals. This is not a caviar leather like the WOC we both have. Haven't carried this yet since I'm still enjoying my black timeless soft cc.

Attachments

• image-1811601418.jpg
    image-1811601418.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 353
  • image-2905423822.jpg
    image-2905423822.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 345
I recently purchased this reissue bag in a color called " light gold". I love a metallic since I wear so much black/neutrals. This is not a caviar leather like the WOC we both have. Haven't carried this yet since I'm still enjoying my black timeless soft cc.

That is GORGEOUS! Never seem a reissue tote! Love! I'm exactly the same with metallics...clothing is so neutral that its nice to have a pop!

This my metallic bronze caviar maxi... yeah the caviar is very different then the usual maxi which is more pebbly.... you can see the mark difference compared to my 10C maxi (the pebbly one).... It does appear more softer (?fragile) but it works with the metallic because there is two tone involve... But still much better (more durable) if you compare with a lambskin which easily scratches and dents... :P

the bronze is breathtaking :love: