Anyone have a 2007 Black bbag that has NOT faded?

I'm glad I found this thread and that the fading is not just me. I noticed today my 2007 black city bag is faded (mostly on the front) and tinged green. I'm not sure what to do about it. I live in Dallas so it gets exposed to a lot of sunlight and I use it a lot.

^I don't believe that black bags should ever turn green, even from sun exposure or daily wear. My friend has a black Linea Pelle bag that she uses every.single.day (for 2+ yrs) and often leaves sitting on the seat of her car right in the sun, and it's absolutely still jet black. There's noooo reason black bal's should have ever changed green and/or faded, IMO.

eta: my black 07 city has tinged green. it's not noticable with a quick glance - one needs to inspect the bag... but once you compare the inner leather or underside of the strap to the rest of the bag it is apparent.

Last edited:
ive had my black S/S 09 SGH city for about 8 months and it has already started to fade greenish, esp on corners. personally, my 09 was never jet black (like i wouldve liked it to be) to begin with, and this fading issue is really beginning to BUG me! i use Apple conditioner on my bbag at least once a month but it doesnt help the 'black' to stay BLACK. boo. so i dont think its just 07's..

ive had my black S/S 09 SGH city for about 8 months and it has already started to fade greenish, esp on corners. personally, my 09 was never jet black (like i wouldve liked it to be) to begin with, and this fading issue is really beginning to BUG me! i use Apple conditioner on my bbag at least once a month but it doesnt help the 'black' to stay BLACK. boo. so i dont think its just 07's..

I agree, my s/s 09 is also starting to fade. I don't like it but try not to be too bothered by it.

I've had a couple of f/w 07 black bags that haven't faded and one that did. And a s/s 07 bag that faded badly. I want to know why the older blacks aren't so prone to fading? I have black bags from 02, 05 and 06 that are still gorgeously black.

my '07 Black Work had faded and turned a little greenish on the top and edges, but with a heavy coat of Apple Conditioner it deepened the color in those areas and is now back to black...

I'm really hoping that someone can help me...I've got a purple Balenciaga goatskin bag from 07 and it's been in storage for all this time and I haven't used it yet but the front of the bag has seriously faded in blotches, especially around the bottom corners. The colour on the rest of the bag is perfect and even.
Does anyone know if I can fix it or get it restored somewhere?