Anyone hate on you 4 buying LV, & ask if they can get in line 4 UR LV hand me downs?

Div4life

Shopaholic
O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
Please do tell... I know several people... family and friends that don't want to put out the money for LV, but have blatantly asked me if they could have one of my bags when I was ready to pass them down! In my head I am thinking so you want me to pay, hand it down and then you ended up looking fabulous for FREE......................................I think NOT!!!

Has this ever happened to you?

I have had someone ask me to give her LVs that I am not using anymore - instead of selling them on consignment. I also have had someone (different person) moan & complain about how she could never spend that type of money on a bag and then turn around & hint that she wants one of mine.

I have had someone ask me to give her LVs that I am not using anymore - instead of selling them on consignment. I also have had someone (different person) moan & complain about how she could never spend that type of money on a bag and then turn around & hint that she wants one of mine.

NO she di-int!!!!! Wow!!!!

Well, I havent had people ask to have them... but they want to borrow them. I'm like sooo uncomfortable with that. What do say to them? In my head Im like I dont want to loan out my $1,000+ dollar bags!!!

So far so good, but i always remember telling my grandma when i was a kid (around 7-8 yrs old) that her bag was kind of ugly.. lol.. (a mono speedy 30), as far as i can remember she always carried that same bag, and i just didnt like it. unfortunately she got very sick (alz-haimer), so she doesnt use it anymore and i was like mmh i remember what i just kept saying before and now i have that same bag, except that i bought mine brand new.

Well, I havent had people ask to have them... but they want to borrow them. I'm like sooo uncomfortable with that. What do say to them? In my head Im like I dont want to loan out my $1,000+ dollar bags!!!
Knowing me...I would say something like "oh noooooooooooo, I don't share my bags with others...sorry!"

there are a few friends and family members that do not and would not spend *that much* money on a designer purse.. and although they do not understand it, they accept that part about 'me'..
i really don't mind hints of hand-me-downs.. as long as they're from people i love and care about, such as my sister and cousins.. (they know i like to 'purge' every so often.. :P)
i am actually more than happy to hand down some pieces that have not seen the light of day anymore, but only to them.. :hugs:

Last edited:
My Mom would never buy a LV, but I gave her my croissant for mothers day, and she loved it, she was actually thrilled, it made me feel good!

OMG I get that all the time...I get them from coworkers! Not just LV, all of my bags. They are like whenever you want to give them up, give them to me. I am like what the hell!!?? This is my hard earned money and you want my things. I also get comments about me being rich from coworkers. I am no way rich at all. I just live at home and I am single with no kids. Someday, I won't be able to buy as many bags as I want.

Please do tell... I know several people... family and friends that don't want to put out the money for LV, but have blatantly asked me if they could have one of my bags when I was ready to pass them down! In my head I am thinking so you want me to pay, hand it down and then you ended up looking fabulous for FREE......................................I think NOT!!!

Has this ever happened to you?

LOL this is funny because I was JUST on the phone with my cousin last night and she started with "I really want a LV...." I knew where that was leading! She's like I know you have a bunch .. can I have one?!?! I was like ummmm they are worth alot of money so I can't just give you one.. LOL

I think we all need to come up with a quick comeback line to those haters/hypocrites!

My sister and mom have hinted about receiving any of my designer bags that I wasn't using anymore. While I could probably sacrifice one or two pieces, unfortunately for them, I hold on to all of my bags! I only buy pieces that are special to me and I don't foresee retiring any of them anytime soon.

OMG!!!!! One of my "friends" who I met through work, actually asked me if I would will all my LV's to her when I died. I was going in the hospital with a fairly serious situation, and she didn't lift a hand to help or come visit or anything. I could have died in that operation (any time you go under you could leave); and no not only am I not willing her my LV's, but she's not really my "friend" any longer, since the second or third time I went in the hospital (this year), she didn't even call. It's like the saying there are times in life when you find out who your true friends are..... it's a trip!

OMG!!!!! One of my "friends" who I met through work, actually asked me if I would will all my LV's to her when I died. I was going in the hospital with a fairly serious situation, and she didn't lift a hand to help or come visit or anything. I could have died in that operation (any time you go under you could leave); and no not only am I not willing her my LV's, but she's not really my "friend" any longer, since the second or third time I went in the hospital (this year), she didn't even call. It's like the saying there are times in life when you find out who your true friends are..... it's a trip!
lol...the nerve of her!

I did give two of my non-LV to a co-worker. I have no idea why, but when I was no longer her supervisor, she didn't really want to be my friend anymore. And, now she's carrying my bags... oh well, I saw her yesterday with the bag and asked how it's holding up. She bangs them around and that bag actually looks great. No scratches or anything. I'm buying another one of those (non-LV) when I can afford to, wasn't a cheap bag either... and, I gave her another one of the same kind too. Oh well, she loves them and that's nice.....