Anyone hate on you 4 buying LV, & ask if they can get in line 4 UR LV hand me downs?

ahaha, def. i have friends ask all the time "have any bags you dont use anymore?" "could you tell your parents(or bf) that my bday is in a few days" or "tell your parents(or bf) i want one too"

im like, are you serious? that is so effing rude-even if they aren't totally serious.

Yep.. not friends though, cos they know better :lol:

I have relatives who are... i dunno who to say this w/o being harsh... less fortunate?... and have made bad life choices... so my parents help them out alot, cos i guess they're their siblings... and that's what siblings do... but sometimes i think they've just gotten lazy to do anything with the help they get given cos they know that my parents will always do it again... even after numerous interventions etc...
ANYWAY, whenever I go home for visits, they'll come over to 'see me' and go "Ooooh Look at how much you've grown! You're so pretty!" yada yada.. and then the 'hinting' comes... "Your cousin needs a new computer you know.... and OH MY what a lovely new bag/top/dress/bracelet/watch/shoes you have! What about that one you wore last time? Do you still use it? You know if there's anything that you don't use anymore just give it to your mom and she'll pass it on to me"
:oh:
This happens every yr.. without fail..
I just smile and nod....
Oh MYYYYYYYYY!

I think it's very rude of people to just expect anyone to give them a bag as expensive as LV and to blatantly ask is just wrong.
I haven't had this happen to me, a colleague who was with me when I bought my suhali always asks in a nice, joking way: Are you sick of that bag yet, can I rent it off you?" She knows how much it was and is not really serious, just likes to see the bag when I carry it to work things.:smile:

I think it's very rude of people to just expect anyone to give them a bag as expensive as LV and to blatantly ask is just wrong.
I haven't had this happen to me, a colleague who was with me when I bought my suhali always asks in a nice, joking way: Are you sick of that bag yet, can I rent it off you?" She knows how much it was and is not really serious, just likes to see the bag when I carry it to work things.:smile:

Say it again Slayer...ITA!!!!!!

Div4life I didn't realize you knew my sister-n-law.

Maybe it's just me , but I find that this type of "entitlement issue" is quite prevelant in my culture. I don't mean to offend, however there is a lot of that "save that for me because I could never buy that" or "must be nice to have somtehing like that, you have so many you should give one to me" attitude. This from people you hardly know. Perhaps it's just me, but I have had that happen to me several times. My friend who is of the same culture has had the same observation.

Div4life I didn't realize you knew my sister-n-law.

Maybe it's just me , but I find that this type of "entitlement issue" is quite prevelant in my culture. I don't mean to offend, however there is a lot of that "save that for me because I could never buy that" or "must be nice to have somtehing like that, you have so many you should give one to me" attitude. This from people you hardly know. Perhaps it's just me, but I have had that happen to me several times. My friend who is of the same culture has had the same observation.
LOL!!!!!!! I totally agree with you though!!!!

I have a few *friends* who say OMGOMG I can't believe you would spend so much on a bag, you hardly ever use them all, give them to me!! and it's just plain tacky and rude.

not bags (dont own) but with my other lv stuff. My sister is always hinting at me to buy her. I just find it annoying and tell her i'm lucky to afford to get my self stuff. I have had "friends" who hinted like dont want it i'll take it. But none of my close friends are like that. The worst thing they would say "how much money did you spend on that, i bet it was blah blah blah. You know one day, your gonna have bills and cant afford this stuff." But at same time those friends spend a lot on drinks and food. I don't though, I rather have something to show for my money. I mean you spend 100 dollars on a meal, when your done what do you have, nothing.......

Definately rude! - I mean there is pretty much NO DIFFERENCE between them asking for pure cash. Perhaps you could say - "oh do you have a pile of cash - you're not using that you could just give me?"

And a lot of people waste their money on products that dont last, arent good for you and not worth the money. I dont have many bags - but the ones I do have are good quality and last pretty much a lifetime.

I also wouldnt loan my lvs out either - because if indeed something happened to them - I would be heartbroken and have lost out on a friendship. guess the problem is that the people who realise their real value (not just in money terms -but more in what the bag represents in my life acheivements, bday, special occasion etc) - wouldnt ask to borrow them - and the ones who wouldnt spend their own money - and are ill mannered enough to ask for your lvs - arent worth lending/giving to.

My Aunt jokingly says "i'll have it when your done with it" but she says that about most stuff I have that she likes so its not exclusive to LV, but no one else has said anything probably because they've heard me yawn on about how they last for years and how the speedy style is timeless etc etc!

Well, I actually asked my friend if I can have her Reade MM in Lavende one day...
we both have nice collections of bags and I ment it as a joke, she knows I'm lusting after her bag and I'm sure she wasn't offended
my mum's been hinting about Mahina bag for about a year, I got her speedy 30 and she doesn't use it at all. I love my mum, but I will have to think hard about getting her Mahina bag...:sneaky:

well i dont mind it when its from my close friends and family who do not or cannot splurge on a designer bag!! My mom says she wud never buy one of it as its too exp,i plan to gift her an LV soon.

I definitely dont mind giving them to my mom and sister. But my coworkers like in my previous post hell no. They make just as much if not more money than me and they are asking for my things. I had a friend of the family who is very loud and outspoken pick up my Balenciaga Bubble Gum City and be like CAN I BORROW THIS SOMETIME!!! First of all, I am not close to you at all and second what makes you think I am gonna let you borrow my things when you borrowed my moms luau stuff and never returned it