Anyone has the Coach leather XL Flap?

I don't have this bag, but I have seen it a few times in stores. As far as I'm aware it doesn't come with a longer strap, it's meant to be worn so it fits under the arm.

I don't think it's all that practical, at least not for my lifestyle. I think it's an odd size for that style of shoulderbag.

As for the cost, it's a huge bag so it requires a lot of leather. It's expensive because there's a lot to it. :smile:

Yeah, its an amazing looking bag but these prices over the last few seasons have made me think that someone at the company is loosing it :hysteric: I have loved Coach since the 6th grade but their prices now match many of the other luxury brands! That was not the Coach way...okay, I am stepping off my soapbox to say, if you have the funds go for it otherwise, I would pay my rent before buying this bag!!!!

I actually saw this bag on sale for 30% off, available in all 3 colours! That's why I think about getting it! Still expensive for this bag style. I think I would go for it without thinking if it is a satchel style.

I saw this bag at the outlet a while back marked down to $159! I purchased it and figured I would take it home and check it out. When I took the stuffing out of the bag I was disappointed with the way the leather sort of wrinkled on the bag. This could be a problem only with that particular bag but to be honest I wasn't thrilled with how it hangs on your shoulder when it is loaded. It bows out in a funny sort of way. The strap isn't long like on a messenger bag but it is ample. I returned this bag and wouldn't recommend that anyone purchase it. If you want a large bag I think the Carly or Ergo is a much better choice. There are also several totes Coach makes that are far more attractive and useful.

I saw this bag at the outlet a while back marked down to $159! I purchased it and figured I would take it home and check it out. When I took the stuffing out of the bag I was disappointed with the way the leather sort of wrinkled on the bag. This could be a problem only with that particular bag but to be honest I wasn't thrilled with how it hangs on your shoulder when it is loaded. It bows out in a funny sort of way. The strap isn't long like on a messenger bag but it is ample. I returned this bag and wouldn't recommend that anyone purchase it. If you want a large bag I think the Carly or Ergo is a much better choice. There are also several totes Coach makes that are far more attractive and useful.

I think that is why this bag didn't do well. The leather should have been more "structured" so that it kept its shape when filled and on your arm - plus, it makes it easier to get into with that big ol' flap. I have seen other flap bags (less expensive ones to boot) that retain their shape way better.

But as a I always say - if you try it on and love it, get it. :tup:

WOW! $159!!! I think I'll get it at that price, but now with tax it's like $550! I guess I'll have a 2nd thought about it. Too bad it won't function as a messenger bag...unless I buy some clip on strap with it. I wonder why they won't supply you with the longer strap at that price!