anyone has any insights as to why the classic flaps went thru such a big price increa

All of the Chanel bags have jumped in price over the last two years. When I was complaining about the increases across the board (Prada bags are now over $2,000 as well) DH explained that it is because the US Dollar is so devalued and the luxury goods that I happen to prefer are made in Europe. I wonder then if Chanel bags have gone up substantially outside of the US...:shrugs:

Yes..they've..it's abt $330 (US$) in my country..for classic flaps...be it medium/jumbo...same price:P

ALL luxury goods have gone up in price all over the board.....it is probably demand, inflation, rising cost of materials. Have you noticed the prices of rolex watches today? They have gone up 30-40% in the past couple of years too!!

It isn't just Chanel... there have been price increases on many luxury goods. Chanel has been one of the biggest jumps (in the last year) but they've all been going up.

That said, while yes, with inflation and cost of materials going up, it is to be expected, however, as much as I love my bags, I still don't think it justifies the prices (which yes, I pay anyway.) Oh well. What can you do?