Anyone had surgery at JW? Please post your experience here

Incognito81

Dec 30, 2011
Hi all, I am seriously thinking of going to JW to fix uneven eyelids, and rhinoplasty, sliding genioplasty, and paranasal augmentation.

Anyone here have any experience with JW with the above procedures?

What was your experience like?

Reactions: lalia2
Haiii girls,

My nose and chin are on its 9 days post ops.
I should give something back for this forum and i should be thanking Dr suh for my new nose and Dr. Woo for my new chin i love it that much.

I cant wear my reading glasses for a while due to nose bridge augmentation.
It will take me sometime to type.

JW saranghae
Hahaha ;3

I've read good things about JW and had a consult that left a good impression. Is there something I'm missing here? I don't want to risk my revision rhino with anyone questionable. Please share if you've heard something.

here are my notes:

Anesthesiologist bad! Don't go under!
Dr. Woo does rhinoplasty, ok results?
English consultant = Yumi

that's all i know ^^ going under is a risk...

Reactions: lalia2
here are my notes:

Anesthesiologist bad! Don't go under!
Dr. Woo does rhinoplasty, ok results?
English consultant = Yumi

that's all i know ^^ going under is a risk...

Thanks shiny glittery! I consulted with Dr Suh, not Dr Woo. He had a good feel about him but didn't offer many suggestions to fix my situation. Also I don't know much about his reputation just yet.

Just read a very bad review about Shimmian, so I think I'll cross them off my list. If you're curious it's located on another thread under the clinics name.

Reactions: Hongbara
As I mailed them. I've got an answer mail from other staff named by Emily.
She recommended me to have rhinoplasty and facial fat graft.
She was very reliable and friendly. so I will go to Korea and have consultation with jw in middle of Nov.
I will post about it in this thread after travel.
Did she ask you to send deposit over? I tried to arrange a time with her and she asked me to send deposit over

Yes, she did. But I told her I have many options that I need to visit other cilincs too. then she answered it is okay but she can't make sure that I can have surgery on the date I wishes, jw looks busy I think. She mendtioned from Nov. is totally okay without deposit.
I will update after visiting jw. :smile:
Thanks Nina. Let me know how your experience with JW goes so I know if I should no deposit over.

As I mailed them. I've got an answer mail from other staff named by Emily.
She recommended me to have rhinoplasty and facial fat graft.
She was very reliable and friendly. so I will go to Korea and have consultation with jw in middle of Nov.
I will post about it in this thread after travel.

A consultation can never hurt :smile: please tell us about JW when you've had your consultation!

Thanks shiny glittery! I consulted with Dr Suh, not Dr Woo. He had a good feel about him but didn't offer many suggestions to fix my situation. Also I don't know much about his reputation just yet.

Just read a very bad review about Shimmian, so I think I'll cross them off my list. If you're curious it's located on another thread under the clinics name.

I would never ever go to shimmian... horrible... I already knew ^^ thank you~ it's important we take care of each other!

Hey Guys,

I'm a guy and I've finally got my nose done at Jw 3 days ago. My face is really swollen (like a bbq pig head), but luckily my face is still recognisable and I guess this is a normal phase. My surgeon was Dr. Suh. Out of all consultation with different surgeons, I felt that Dr. Suh was more honest with his opinion on what was achieveable and necessary. I chose him as my surgeon because he sounded like he was more focus on designing a new nose for me that will harmonize with the other features of my face. I was looking for a more natural result and I believe that he will be the one that can create the nose I was looking for. So far, I have no idea on the outcome cuase my nose is pretty swollen and it's covered with gauze. Another thing that I'm impress with is the services that JW provides. I had Emily (which I believe that she is the only English Consultant there) for the initial consultation and post-opp follow-ups. She, along with the other staffs are very friendly and attentive. What I didn't expected was that she frequently inquired on the status of my recovery and trip. I'm very thankful of that, since they are a busy clinic. Feel free to ask me if anyone of you have any questions on whole process and trip. I'm currently excited and very nervous since I still have to wait a couple of days until my new nose is revealed. :woot::woot:

Hey Guys,

I'm a guy and I've finally got my nose done at Jw 3 days ago. My face is really swollen (like a bbq pig head), but luckily my face is still recognisable and I guess this is a normal phase. My surgeon was Dr. Suh. Out of all consultation with different surgeons, I felt that Dr. Suh was more honest with his opinion on what was achieveable and necessary. I chose him as my surgeon because he sounded like he was more focus on designing a new nose for me that will harmonize with the other features of my face. I was looking for a more natural result and I believe that he will be the one that can create the nose I was looking for. So far, I have no idea on the outcome cuase my nose is pretty swollen and it's covered with gauze. Another thing that I'm impress with is the services that JW provides. I had Emily (which I believe that she is the only English Consultant there) for the initial consultation and post-opp follow-ups. She, along with the other staffs are very friendly and attentive. What I didn't expected was that she frequently inquired on the status of my recovery and trip. I'm very thankful of that, since they are a busy clinic. Feel free to ask me if anyone of you have any questions on whole process and trip. I'm currently excited and very nervous since I still have to wait a couple of days until my new nose is revealed. :woot::woot:

Hello Dandan555,

So good to hear that your surgery went so well! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Can I know how much did you pay for your surgery with Dr Suh? I contacted JW few months back, but no reply from them, so I thought of walk-in when I'm there (hopefully they'll entertain me) :hrmm:

Can you also elaborate in detail what procedure Dr Suh did for you? Can he speak English?

Get well soon! And hopefully you can share your pretty new nose with us! :smile::smile:

@Incognito81

1 of the forumer posted her experience with JW. Below is her blog.

Consulation of PS in Korea http://livelovedream.ca/korea-plastic-surgery-trip-consultation

Surgery Day http://livelovedream.ca/korea-plastic-surgery-trip-surgery-recovery

Day 1 to 7 http://livelovedream.ca/korea-plastic-surgery-trip-recovery-day-1-to-7

Her after-2week op http://livelovedream.ca/2-to-3-weeks-post-operation-results

I remembered there was a forumer here posted negative about JW which made me cancelled off JW from my list. Something about general anesthesia was given wrong amount and she almost die, couldnt wake up. The doctor have to cut a hole at her throat.

Last edited:
@DanDan555

I am also very interested in JW for rhinoplasty. Could you please tell me how their post-op care is? Did you notice how many locals were there when you went it for consult? Were they very busy?

Thanks guys for the responses. The blog posted is very helpful!

Dan, I am a guy as well. Do you have before and after pics to share? Please PM me. I will be going to Korea in December. Aside from rhinoplasty, did you have any other procedures done?

And also, did you hire a translator like Zoe, or did you pre-book at JW before you arrive in Korea?