Anyone had any luck wearing shoes that are a full size too big?

gymangel812

<3OOO~~~
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
said shoes are pretty rare, as i i've never seen them and didn't know they existed (which is not saying that much, i'm not that familiar with styles). I already have a pair in that the same style and they are probably my most comfortable pair. so has anyone had any luck with shoes that are one full size bigger than the size you usually take in that style?

Sure you probably need double padding on ball of foot cushions and an insole ...

You could always just try it and resell if they give you trouble.
:lolots::lolots::lolots:

some crazy people have tried such extreme measures... usually doesn't work out though as you probably won't end up wearing them much if they don't fit properly.

but like naked said, you could risk it and try them out, and if it doesn't work out, resell.

good luck!

:lolots::lolots::lolots:

some crazy people have tried such extreme measures... usually doesn't work out though as you probably won't end up wearing them much if they don't fit properly.

but like naked said, you could risk it and try them out, and if it doesn't work out, resell.

good luck!

yes I was referring to you ;)

yes I was referring to you ;)

ME?!??!!!
gi78.gif

I have a pair of closed pointy toe sharkas that are a full size too big and I wear them with an insole and heel grip. They are very comfy on days when I'll be standing for long periods or on humid days which are known to make feet swell. So I would say that I successfully have done it.:biggrin:

My Pigalle size is 40.5 and I have some Catwomans in 41.5 which fit fine - maybe that's because they have an ankle strap so there's less chance of slippage. Having said that, I have some Gwenissimas in 41 and they're a touch too big and I sometimes slip out of them. I'm gonna try them with some heel grips which hopefully will solve the problem.

I think it just depends on the style - it'd be easier if you have a strap to hold the shoe in place than with a slip on or slingback style.

It all depends on your foot and the shoe. My first pair were the Pigalle, as i was unaware of sizing at that time, i bought them 1 full size too big. I used gel insoles and heel grips and they fit perfectly now! (as you can see in my avatar, no gaps!) But, going forward, I would hate to buy a pair that are too big now. I've made sure that all of my CL fit perfectly.
My advice to you is if you bought them at a really good price and you're in love with them try out the padding and walk around your house for a while to see if it works. If not try and sell them!
Hope that helps, good luck!