Tech Anyone Gettting or Have Windows Phone 7?

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I am thinking of getting one. Anyone on the forum getting one too? If you have one already, what are your thoughts on it?

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I ended up getting a Droid and hated it. My son got the same Droid and loved it though. I did not like the notifications being this very small icon in the corner of the top screen that you had to drag down to see. Since I used the phone mainly for calls, text and work email, I needed to know without having to "pull down" anything if I got a call or email. I returned the Droid for a WP7 and love it.

Prior to this I had an LG Phone that just did calls and text. My only complaint about the phone is nothing to do with WP7 but touch screen phones in general is that I miss the one key call answer or one key speed dial. For instance I could push #1 key and dial my house or when I am getting a call push any key to answer it. Yes I know you should not do this while driving but it was easy to do while driving.....now if a call comes in while I am driving I can't answer it (don't have blue tooth accessories yet) and have to pull into a parking lot to do so.

That aside, I like the live tiles on WP7 so I can easily see how many emails or text messages or calls I received. The one thing I would improve is voice mail notification, it is sort of buried. I like the voice commands and the apps I have for it work well. I can say "Find ABC Cafe" and it will pull it up and then I touch one thing and have turn by turn directions from my location.

I got the HTC Arrive which is perfect for me. Though the touch screen works ok for short text messages etc, I prefer a keypad for longer emails and texts. Love the keyboard on this phone and how it pops up and looks like a mini PC. Has full keyboard including numerics. Highly recommend giving it a try.