Anyone getting married this year???

I was wondering what the average cost for a photographer is?

It depends really on the style of photography, what is included, film or digital, etc.

I have found some as cheap as $500 for the entire event including all digital files, to some in the thousands....you must shop around, a bit of advice is if you want to really save $$$, try booking a photography student/ up and coming photographer, they really are just trying to get their name out there and some have been fabulous with their shots....

Hope this helps...:yes:

It depends really on the style of photography, what is included, film or digital, etc.

I have found some as cheap as $500 for the entire event including all digital files, to some in the thousands....you must shop around, a bit of advice is if you want to really save $$$, try booking a photography student/ up and coming photographer, they really are just trying to get their name out there and some have been fabulous with their shots....

Hope this helps...:yes:

Thanks that does help.

I was wondering what the average cost for a photographer is?

Our photographer was right under $4,000...but you can find some less than that and some even higher than that.

Our package included everything we wanted though: digital photography, copyright release (Very Important), engagement sitting, proof books from engagement and wedding, online photo viewing and ordering, 11x16 photo with signature mat, 10 hours of time, 10x15 coffee table album and 2 6x9 parents coffee table albums and cds with our photos on them.

Make sure that you look around and meet with the photographer so you can not only see their portfolio but make sure your personalities match! You are going to be around this person a lot on your wedding day!!:love:

Yes congrats to everyone getting married this year...and thanks to everyone for responding to this thread...sorry handbag_luvr, but meeting with the florist is the one thing that I haven't gotten to yet, but I have booked one. Yeah, I am sure the flowers are going to be very pricey no matter who you get to do them...that is why I have chosen to have candles as my centerpieces, I was hoping that it would cut some of the expenses, but I doubt it...oh well, I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. I am very excited. Thanks I will definitely check out theknot.com...I already really enjoy their mags.

For our centerpieces we did half of the tables with candles and the other half with tulips. But we didn't go through the florist for the tulip centerpeices, we went to Kroger. It was about $50-$60 cheaper per centerpiece by doing so and they looked good! Just a suggestion ;)

Our photographer was right under $4,000...but you can find some less than that and some even higher than that.

Our package included everything we wanted though: digital photography, copyright release (Very Important), engagement sitting, proof books from engagement and wedding, online photo viewing and ordering, 11x16 photo with signature mat, 10 hours of time, 10x15 coffee table album and 2 6x9 parents coffee table albums and cds with our photos on them.

Make sure that you look around and meet with the photographer so you can not only see their portfolio but make sure your personalities match! You are going to be around this person a lot on your wedding day!!:love:

Thanks for the info...what is a copyright release? And I will also check out Kroger, thanks for all the insight. :yes:

I am getting married this summer! Just like the OP, I'm getting married in July, the 21st to be exact. 5 months and one week away!! And I can't wait. It is the most fun EVER!!

I am too - I am getting married in June! At first, things were crazy, now they have settled down but I realize I don't have a florist -- oooops!! And I used to be an event planner in my previous life so that is probably not a good thing.

If it was up to me, I would elope to Vegas and spend the money on LV/H but my fiance (I call my groom my bride) said people gather for your wedding and your funeral -- don't let the only time be a time you don't attend. And I am sure he is right. Anyway, we are having tons of fun planning... and the photographer is running about $4K to answer the question above -- but I went really basic, digital, copyright, etc.

Congrats to all other brides!!

Awww...lucky you, lv lover steph!!! my fiance is happy to be getting married, but does not seem too interested in the details of the wedding. oh well. it would be awesome if he was excited to help me plan

That is so funny - Mine is so excited to be involved and planning and I am the one who is 'the groom.' I even accidentally told the cake maker the wrong wedding date -- he had a field day with that! But I am excited -- I have just had lots of changes - a move from the city to the 'burbs, job changes coming for me in April so it has been a lot all at once -- luckily ALL great stuff or I don't know what I would do.

You are right -- I am really lucky! And I am sure you are too!