Anyone for a 14,000 pound regular birkin?

Very interesting thread CF

TBH it still smarts that the bag I bought in April last year was £4080 but is now £4860! Especially when you consider the majority of women would balk at the idea of paying £780.00 for a bag

That part of Alaska must really be boring ;)

Wow and to think just 4 months later mine ended up costing £270 more, those flippin price increases

Last edited:
LV increases their prices ea year too. Does anyone know if they do it once or twice a year?

Just curious... I hope I haven't hijacked your thread CF.

LV,Cartier increases their prices once a year, in April, in much smaller scale.

(back to top) Oh, I thought about that early this year, that's why I am going large in 2009!!:P

Wish I had a historical perspective on things. How much was a birkin, oh, 5 years ago and 10 years ago?

I'll work out the croc pricing if someone could give the the price today and the % increase amount per year. THAT should be interesting.

Wasen't there some years ago even a slight price decrease or at least no increase, I think it might've been with the economic slowdown in end 90s...? I'm sure I read that somewhere on this forum, however I'm not sure where. So, we never know.

scareEEE!!
Have prices not gone up by more than 10% each year recently?
I don't want to think about Hermes pricing, Ignorance really is bliss ;)

Agreed!

Excellent thread :tup:

To put things in a longer time frame,
In 2004, a Birkin 30 in Togo was Euros 4160 now it is Euros 5200. (last year it was Euros 4900)
That is a 25% increase in 5 years.

:wtf:

OK. Assuming an annual 10% increase (which we all seem to have accepted), a croc birkin will be:

-in 5 years, 39,000 pounds (approx $66,000)
-in 10 years, 62,700 pounds (approx $106,000)
-in 15 years, 101,000 pounds (approx $171,000)
-in 20 years, 162,800 pounds (approx $276,000)

Doubles Yikes!