Anyone exchanged there Bbag by mail to Balenciaga NY?

oogiewoogie

Life is good.. :)
O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
Hi everyone,

I'm feeling a little worried... I'm exchanging my twiggy for a city through the Balenciaga store in NY (b-bag was purchased over the phone from there) I mailed the twiggy back last friday via USPS insured w/ a tracking #.. and after checking on the tracking # right now.. its listed as " We attempted to deliver your item at 9:12 AM on June 18, 2007 in NEW YORK, NY 10011 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later." Has anyone ever encountered this before... I'm sure I'm not the only one that has mailed an exchange back to the store before... why would they deliver a package before the store even opened? Any thoughts or personal experiences anyone...:confused1:

I've sent stuff back to BalNY and never had trouble. I used Fedex though. I think it's irresponsible for the USPS courier to attempt deliver to a retail store before it opens. Is someone from the store really going to go to USPS to pick it up??? Who knows, maybe they will do that. But hopefully, USPS will attempt redelivery when BalNY is open. =)

I just requested a "redeliver" between the store hours of 11am-7pm est using the USPS internet service. Even though they said that requesting specific hours cant be done... Geez... & there 800 customer service line is closed at 8pm est too. They should open a Bal store on the west coast. I'm going to call Terry first thing tomorrow morning. :hrmm:

good idea - god i hate to think about your bag sitting in some crazy post-office limbo somewhere :sad:
i'm sure terry can help you get to the bottom of this fiasco, let us know what happens!

Ok, here goes an update... as of 2:45pm PT. My bag has finally arrived in BalNY, how it got there.... I'm unsure, I requested a "redelivery" of the item yesterday on the net, and another over the phone this morning with a USPS rep & was told it wouldnt get there till tomorrow. BUT.. it did arrive today.. and my SA Terry did call me back confirm that she had it in her hands... and I shall be receiving a 2007 Steel SGH City on Friday in exchange for for the truffle twiggy. Wheeew..all that ordeal for a bbag... & on top of that... in a surge of temptation & lack of self control...I also purchased a GH Sandstone partime off Bluefly this morning. Seeing that I hardly saw any "great" bags on Bluefly.. I took the dip and did it anyway. But lesson learned... if you need to make an exchange with your beloved expensive Bbag... use Fedex, UPS, DHL, anything w/ up to date tracking.:noggin:As if you guys didnt know that already.... :P

Congrats on the two new bags as well!

When purchasing from BalNY, do you have to pay tax? Also, just curious to know how much the part-time on Bluefly was...

:heart:Turtle

Since I live in CA, & there's no Bal over here.. no sales tax is needed. Standard Shipping is also free over 500$ .. but of course i couldn't wait Standard.. so I chose 3-day for addl 30$. I know.. I'm impatient & Bluefly.. originally was 1300 somthing with addl 15% off.. with code (miss238) it came out to a total around 1100. :greengrin:

:tdown:BalNY charged me the sales tax to Seattle,
then my account went overdraft and I had to
pay overdraft fee of $25,- since they charged
it with tax-then gave me credit and charged the
right amount.
I used my debit and there was not enough in there.
What a headache.
There is no sales tax to Seattle from NY.

He **** made a mistake and I will call him tomorrow
to gaive me $25.- credit because of the hassle.

:wtf: