Anyone ever tell you you're quiet when you ARE NOT QUIET?!

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
I don't think there's anything wrong with being quiet, let me just say that first off.

But I honestly am deeply offended when someone tells me I'm quiet. I AM NOT QUIET. I am not LOUD, but I am NOT AT ALL quiet. I am just regular and I CAN be LOUD.

I can't stand it. It makes me so upset. A customer said it to me that I was so quiet (probably because I don't get excited when he comes in or yell his name) and then this lady I work with told me when I asked her, she's like you think you're loud but you're quiet.
Even if that's why he said it, this is not the first time.

Like I NEVER HEAR YOU TALK but somehow I'm quiet, like I don't get it.

It just makes me SO SO mad. It's kind of like for someone to tell you you're something you're not is just offensive. Or to point something out even, I don't know.

But does anyone else have this problem? I wish I could better explain WHY I'm offended but I don't really know how else to explain it-- it just offends me. I mean I talk loud and I laugh and I joke with people and I go up to people and talk. How in the world is that quiet!!!!!?

edit--

And we can't forget SHY. I mean something has got to be wrong here. If I'm not shy or quiet then why am I having this problem? And I don't believe it's got anything to do with time and place; I'm generally consistent.

I'm like that but it is more that I like to be quiet.:yes: I can go thru the whole day and not speak a word until my family arrives home and there is no tv or radio on, but that is just how I like it. Many think I am upset. What's the matter?? You haven't said a word type thing. Doesn't bother me, it's just "me" kwim? I wouldn't let it bother you, it's better to be the quiet shy type anyway IMO.

I get it aaaall the time. But that's usually 'cause I am quiet hehe. Unless I know the person; lame, I know, but that's just me. I tend to keep quiet until I can "read" what someone's all about lol I trust my instincts a lot.

People use to tell me that, until they got to know me, I mean you aren't going to be your cheery, loud self with strangers so what do they expect. I guess they tell you that so it's easier on them, as in "No @$$hole I'm not quiet, I just don't want to talk to you":cursing: trust me I know how you feel:idea:

hmm... I think I'm loud when I WRITE and I think most people in the LV forum would think so too cuz I kinda 'speak' my mind, but in real life, I'm SUPER QUIET lol. If my peers and friends saw the way I write, they'd probably never guess I'm so outspoken and strongly opinionated. Meh... I guess I like to keep things a secret and I'm not really offended by what people say/think about me. Actually to be honest, I LIKE IT when people get the WRONG impression of me :biggrin:

I don't think I could be accused of being quiet as I usually speak my mind (definitely not a "loud" person) but sometimes I just like to be quiet, alone with my thoughts. Then my kids will say to me "What's wrong mum, you're very quiet?" LOL just can't win!

well I have a similar problem - I am very outspoken (at least with people I know) and can be quite loud etc, speak my mind in a conversation.

my brother used to be/is the opposite - depending on the situation. in the past few years he has changed but when we were young he sort of just was quiet - I guess bec I was loud! now, it seems my entire family a) couldn't get over it that i was loud and he was not, at least to an extent, and b) everyone derives from that that he is more sensitive and labile, and I am strong and can take anything. ehm ehm. total BS, let me tell you and the most annoying thing. don't judge by the exterior, I am just good at hiding.

honestly I love my bro but he can be very selfish and self-centered in a way. he hardly picks up on others' feelings, which would be a sensitive person, right? anyway, I have had a few outbursts recently bec I am just so annoyed with that. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

i'm occassionally accused of being both quiet AND shy, which is ridiculously wrong. i can take a little bit of time to warm up to someone new and act like myself (i like to size people up, i feel like it's a wise thing to do before i shoot off my mouth), but seriously, anyone that spends any sort of time around me knows i'm not good at shutting my mouth. i'm also more or less willing to talk to anyone, so 'shy' is definately not me.

i got called 'perky' by a new girl at work one time. the guy i was talking to at the time and i both laughed til we almost cried. i'm a lot closer to 'cynical' than 'perky'.