Anyone ever heard this? Made in USA

I found out that most bags sold in the US are made in the US unless it's brand new style then maybe it's made in France. Even buying in France there's a chance the bag is made in Spain. I bought a coin purse in Paris last year and it's made in Spain.

Nothing against made in US but once upon a time, if the bag was made in the US, it was cheaper but no longer!

That's weird! I have bought a mono and damier azur speedy 30 in the last 6 months from the Ross Park Mall store in Pittsburgh, and they are both made in France. I didn't request them that way, that's just the ones they gave me.
I think that my nf was made in USA, though.

All of my LV's except my Popincourt haute have been made in the USA. All of mine but one were ordered through eluxury because at the time we didn't have a boutique anywhere near me. Since then we have gotten a store. I ordered the Popincourt haut through louisvuitton.com and that's the one made in France. I didn't request it, it just happened to be MIF. I haven't noticed any difference in quality and I have to admit, it really doesn't bother me at all. Louis is Louis, when you're carrying the bag, no one can tell where it's made. I'm a lot less concerned about something being made in my country than I am when an expensive item is made in China. Sometimes that will keep me from making a purchase. Personally, I feel blessed that I can afford Louis Vuitton, whether it's made in France or the good 'ole USA!

That's weird! I have bought a mono and damier azur speedy 30 in the last 6 months from the Ross Park Mall store in Pittsburgh, and they are both made in France. I didn't request them that way, that's just the ones they gave me.
I think that my nf was made in USA, though.

Thanks trumafinn. I thought it was weird too especially when each SA had a different response. I'll call Ross Park too.

All of my LV's except my Popincourt haute have been made in the USA. All of mine but one were ordered through eluxury because at the time we didn't have a boutique anywhere near me. Since then we have gotten a store. I ordered the Popincourt haut through louisvuitton.com and that's the one made in France. I didn't request it, it just happened to be MIF. I haven't noticed any difference in quality and I have to admit, it really doesn't bother me at all. Louis is Louis, when you're carrying the bag, no one can tell where it's made. I'm a lot less concerned about something being made in my country than I am when an expensive item is made in China. Sometimes that will keep me from making a purchase. Personally, I feel blessed that I can afford Louis Vuitton, whether it's made in France or the good 'ole USA!

I agree--We are blessed.

Are you sure? I just checked my latest bag purchase (Bloomsbury) and it's made in France.

I know...it sounds like LV needs to have a meeting and get all of their SAs on the same page.

I called Chicago, Boca Raton and Pittsburg--all made in USA. Boca Raton was even nice enough to call Las Vegas and they called me back to say they have 20 and all are made in USA.

Everyone was nice except the guy in Pittsburg who told me they would NOT check to see where they were made and he then went on and on (as though scripted) to say the quality is the same (though I didn't mention quality-he didn't know why I had a preference), and the only difference in made in USA is that they can get them faster and they cost less than they would if they all came from France.

I understand the appeal and glamour of a bag that is truly made in France, it seems to feel really special somehow; but I don't think that the quality would be any less if its made here in the US, because Louis Vuitton has a reputation to uphold. They wouldn't let their quality control slip for US made items. Too many people would notice and complain. And wherever its made, its still crafted by hand, which is a good thing. I wouldn't really be disappointed if my LV bag was US made, because I'd still love the bag.