Anyone ever heard this? Made in USA

I understand the appeal and glamour of a bag that is truly made in France, it seems to feel really special somehow; but I don't think that the quality would be any less if its made here in the US, because Louis Vuitton has a reputation to uphold. They wouldn't let their quality control slip for US made items. Too many people would notice and complain. And wherever its made, its still crafted by hand, which is a good thing. I wouldn't really be disappointed if my LV bag was US made, because I'd still love the bag.

Agree! I don't think it really matters where the Speedy is made as long as it's the real thing.

I just purchased the Damier Azur Speedy 30 last night- realized today Made in USA- I have to admit I was really disappointed. My Montorgueil GM I purchased in January is Made in France. Called the 2 stores this afternoon in my area and neither had Made in France speedys. A different issue is I noticed one of the handles on the underside has wrinkling while the other is taught and smooth. One of the two SA's on the phone said that it wasn't normal and I should bring it in to exchange. It is an hour drive and of course I will make it if this is not normal. Can anyone shed some light on the wrinkling? I've been reading posts that said it is normal while other posts said that the wrinkling can eventually crack.

I just purchased the Damier Azur Speedy 30 last night- realized today Made in USA- I have to admit I was really disappointed. My Montorgueil GM I purchased in January is Made in France. Called the 2 stores this afternoon in my area and neither had Made in France speedys. A different issue is I noticed one of the handles on the underside has wrinkling while the other is taught and smooth. One of the two SA's on the phone said that it wasn't normal and I should bring it in to exchange. It is an hour drive and of course I will make it if this is not normal. Can anyone shed some light on the wrinkling? I've been reading posts that said it is normal while other posts said that the wrinkling can eventually crack.

Some people don't care where it's made and that's fine... but some people have a preference and that's fine too. When I spend my money for something whether a little money or a lot of money, I want what I want and I want it to be right. If both handles aren't the same, something is off so I would return it. It's unfortunate if something missed quality control but I guess that happens. I know it's inconvenient for you to travel so far but if it's something that you notice and it looks like it's not quite right, I would return it quickly.

Last edited:
My SA told me that most canvas bags in NA are made in USA since it's cheaper/easier with transportation costs and all the demands. Usually its the Vernis and Epi lines that are always France, apparently.