Travel Anyone ever done/would do Contiki?

Aug 14, 2013
Hello :smile:

My boyfriend and I are seriously thinking of doing a Contiki tour. The one we are looking at is $2,535 and you go to England, Belgium (in transit), Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Vatican City, Switzerland, and France within 13 days. Then we are thinking maybe 1-2 days in London before the tour starts to get over the jet lag (we live in Vancouver, BC Canada).

I understand they aren't luxurious and are very fast-paced but that's what is appealing to my bf and I, a quick and relatively cheap way to see Europe. We also love that everything will be planned and make it easy for us as travelling constantly for 13 days will take a lot out of us.

Just curious if anyone has done or has considered doing Contiki?

My boyfriend and I are seriously thinking of doing a Contiki tour. The one we are looking at is $2,535 and you go to England, Belgium (in transit), Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Vatican City, Switzerland, and France within 13 days. Then we are thinking maybe 1-2 days in London before the tour starts to get over the jet lag (we live in Vancouver, BC Canada).

I understand they aren't luxurious and are very fast-paced but that's what is appealing to my bf and I, a quick and relatively cheap way to see Europe. We also love that everything will be planned and make it easy for us as travelling constantly for 13 days will take a lot out of us.

My sister did, and said it was great for partying and making friends. I think if you guys like to be alone and want to stay in nice hotels then this wouldn't be the trip for you, however if you want a wild holiday with a group, then go. I assume that price doesn't include flights?!

I travelled around Europe for a month with my boyfriend a few years ago, and we did it for quite a decent price and stayed in some more upmarket hotels. We mixed it up between flying and lots of train travel, and even an overnight cruise.

If you decide to book it individually away from Contiki then let me know, as I can probably give you some useful sites for airlines and trains and such.

My sister did, and said it was great for partying and making friends. I think if you guys like to be alone and want to stay in nice hotels then this wouldn't be the trip for you, however if you want a wild holiday with a group, then go. I assume that price doesn't include flights?!

I travelled around Europe for a month with my boyfriend a few years ago, and we did it for quite a decent price and stayed in some more upmarket hotels. We mixed it up between flying and lots of train travel, and even an overnight cruise.

If you decide to book it individually away from Contiki then let me know, as I can probably give you some useful sites for airlines and trains and such.

Yeah that's what we're looking for! We are somewhat recluse and are wanting something adventurous and to help us make new friends as we just graduated high school a year ago.

Yeah it doesn't include flights.

That would be awesome if you could! :smile: we would appreciate it!

I haven't done Contiki - but I would! I've looked at several of their options, and you're right - it looks like a great way to see a lot in a short amount of time. Also, the planning is done for you! That's so overwhelming, and while you could tailor a trip to your specific preferences, it's so nice having a guide and a plan. I went on a nice guided tour with my family when I was about 14 and had good experiences. I know Contiki would be more young people, but the guided tour process is nice in general.

I'm rolling over my 2014 vacation days into 2015 with the hopes of spending a few weeks away. Maybe Europe or maybe South Africa?! Who knows where the adventure will take me. Hope y'all have a blast!!

I haven't done Contiki - but I would! I've looked at several of their options, and you're right - it looks like a great way to see a lot in a short amount of time. Also, the planning is done for you! That's so overwhelming, and while you could tailor a trip to your specific preferences, it's so nice having a guide and a plan. I went on a nice guided tour with my family when I was about 14 and had good experiences. I know Contiki would be more young people, but the guided tour process is nice in general.

I'm rolling over my 2014 vacation days into 2015 with the hopes of spending a few weeks away. Maybe Europe or maybe South Africa?! Who knows where the adventure will take me. Hope y'all have a blast!!

I'm dying to see Europe! My boyfriend's family is from Scotland and Amsterdam so he kinda got me the travelling bug haha :P

I hope you have a blast with your future adventures too!

I've never traveled with Contiki, but I can recommend another travel company that I've traveled with called, G Adventures. They have smaller groups, with a maximum of 15. Plus they have free time for you to explore on your own. I've gone with them to Egypt, Morocco, and Italy and have nothing but fantastic things to say about them. I heading with them to Turkey this fall. Here are some of their Europe trips if you are on a budget: http://www.gadventures.com/trips/europe-encompassed/EELL/2014/ .

I've never traveled with Contiki, but I can recommend another travel company that I've traveled with called, G Adventures. They have smaller groups, with a maximum of 15. Plus they have free time for you to explore on your own. I've gone with them to Egypt, Morocco, and Italy and have nothing but fantastic things to say about them. I heading with them to Turkey this fall. Here are some of their Europe trips if you are on a budget: http://www.gadventures.com/trips/europe-encompassed/EELL/2014/ .

Awesome! I'll check them out right now :smile: thanks!! and enjoy your trip this fall!