Anyone ever been to the Gucci outlet outside of Florence?

ShopRodeo

Dec 29, 2005
I'm pretty sure I'll be taking a Mediterranean cruise in August. One of the stops is in Florence. Obviously Florence has the Gucci, Ferragamo, and Pucci flagship stores but what about the outlet mall outside of Florence in Tuscany. I know they have Gucci, Prada, Sergio Rossi, Ferragamo, Zegna, YSL, Armani, etc. but how's there selection, during August?

GUCCI%20OUTLET%201.JPG

I went there in May, it was good for luggages and wallets, so so selection for bags, and don't bother with clothes and shoes. But mind you, it was a couple of years ago.

a great outlet is the one with only tod's, hogan, fay that is near ascoli piceno, in the marche. that is the only outlet i went to and it is beautiful, it is like an enormous store, the sales people are very nice and help you a lot, the selection is great and prices are good.

August is the month that Italians (most Europeans) are off for holiday. They get the whole month off, I don't know if the selection will be great, but there might be great sales because they are getting ready for the next season and trying to move merchandise. I haven't been there in August, just guessing.

we went to both the gucci and the prada outlets when we were there several years ago before I was in to handbags so I didn't even look. It was a great deal for mens shoes though and the guys bought several pair each for next to nothing and they still wear them. I'm sure you can find something great to buy though, they were both quite large. but if you are only in Florence for the day, don't waste it going all the way out to the outlet malls, there are far too many incredible things to see in Florence in a day. Do your reading and don't hurry, enjoy what you can see.