Travel Anyone ever been on a trek america holiday?

Oct 27, 2006
I was just wondering if anyone on tpf had done one of these trips and if so what was you experience with it? I am looking to go on a trek america tour within the next 3 years, most possibly the 'northern trail america trek' next year. http://www.trekamerica.co.uk/tours/nl.html#tour-info-4

My dad has done a few of these treks but I was looking for a female perspective on the trips, especially from someone who like myself is young and inexperienced with hiking and camping etc.

Also would it be better to do next summer when I am 19 or in a couple of summers time when I am 21? eg are bars/clubs in america strict on the ages they let in obviously I know I am not allowed to drink under 21 but does that mean I cant go in a bar/club too? this is important as I will be going on my own and no doubt this will be an important social aspect of getting to know my fellow trekkees!

TIA for your help :smile:

Well, I can just tell you that bars are strict on age limits. If it is only a bar (i.e. not a restaurant that serves alcohol) then you can't go in if you're under 21. If it's a restaurant that serves alcohol then it doesn't matter (but you won't be able to buy alcohol). If it's a restaurant with a separate bar area, then you can be in the restaurant but not the bar.

I've never heard of trek america. I assume you live abroad and thus a tour like this is advertised abroad.

I would go when when you are 21. They are pretty strict. I would say do a Canada tour if you really want to come to North America. The drinking age and gambling age is 19... Toronto and Montreal are big party cities and there's lots of stuff to do.

I live in England and the tours are advertised to anyone on the trek america website. I hear what you say about Canada but for personal reasons I do not want to visit Toronto especially. I think I shall do the tour next year and just not drink alcohol. Thanks for the help!