Anyone else with second thoughts over the mirage?

Yes from me, I listed for the Griet immediately about 1 month later I decided it was too expensive for what it is so I switched to the speedy but after thinking, thinking & thinking I really don't think I'll be getting it (but I can still chage my mind) I've got 4 speedies already I don't think I need another just yet plus it is pretty pricey for what it is, to be honest I've gone quite cold on the whole collection I think I'll pass on motard too

^Same here, the whole trunk show last week was really disappointing for me. I thought I was disappointed with the S/S one, this one was horrible. The only thing I somewhat liked was the Limelight clutch.

I also am having 2nd thoughts on the mirage line so i actually took my name off the waitlist. I seriously couldn't persuade myself to spend $2k on ANOTHER speedy thats just canvas. I'm probably gonna wait for something later or use that money to get a gently used le fab.

^Same here, the whole trunk show last week was really disappointing for me. I thought I was disappointed with the S/S one, this one was horrible. The only thing I somewhat liked was the Limelight clutch.

I kind of like the limelight I just think it's really impractical it's huge and it's going to drive you crazy carrying it, there was even a note in my lookbook that LV don't expect it to be that popular

I agree.. everytime I see a gorgeous canvas bag for $1k+ I think about the EPI or Suhali or other leather bag I could get for that price or just a little more. I'm not going to be getting the Mirage for just that reason, gorgeous as it may be. :sad:
Of course, durability is one way to look at it, but this canvas speedy will probably hold its value much better than any epi bag...

I am actually really excited still for the mirage speedy, I do not have a speedy unlike most of you's out there because my addiction for bags only started late last year and early this year the addiction has found a place at LV!

I do like the classic speedy style but want something more 'modern and classic' at same time and the Mirage definately fits into both categories! I think I will definately buy this bag, unless it looks gross in person when I see it!

I kind of like the limelight I just think it's really impractical it's huge and it's going to drive you crazy carrying it, there was even a note in my lookbook that LV don't expect it to be that popular

Lol. Yeah I agree. It's so cute but I'd need a strap to put it on my shoulder or something. I guess I should be happy that there isn't anything I want from these more LE lines (I'd like to get a Cabby and an Amarante Reade PM though), that way I can get the new gray Inclusions instead.

Well it's funny cause I had called my AWESOME SA .. and he actually had already talked me out of the bag. Saying it was a LOT of money for a speedy - the fade isn't that awesome and that he had concerns about the material of the handles being fragile and a chance of the material splitting (i think that's what he said). So unless I happened to come into some money and lose my senses - I won't be getting anything.

I was really sad to hear that as far as he knows the Berkeley has been pushed back until 1/1/08 :crybaby:

Yeah, I fell in love with only the sac plat I saw from the prototype pics... but luckily it's not being produced, lol. The others don't really catch my fancy :smile:

i'm still excited for the speedy. but i have a list of options if i don't like it when i see it. the only one i'm very on the fence about is the motard. for some reason i can't justify spending 1800 on a pochette.

Just wondering, is it just me who is having second thoughts?!:tdown:
I'm sure I will be in the minority, but im like:wtf: over the price tag! It just keeps creeping up and up, £875 at the moment, so i'm sure it will be £900 when it's finally released.
I said to myself right at the beginning that I wouldn't pay over £800 for it, and now its nearly £900...

I feel quite depressed over it actually, but i am in two minds over the price and the fact that bottom line its a speedy...

I'm thinking, hmm I could get a Chanel flap/ Reissue for that! I know it's LV but It's canvas!

Is there anyone who is thinking this?! xx

Glad to see im not the only one whos having second thoughts!
I am going down to London for mine and my bfs 4th anniversary 1st october, and there is a chanel boutique there, so im like, hmm, get mirage or get a lambskin Chanel!

i know you want it.....!!!;):heart:;):heart::graucho::heart:
it's classic!!!!