Anyone else with a spouse/s.o. who doesn't get LV?

Catbert16

Purse junkie
O.G.
Aug 13, 2007
I am so envious of all the ladies who post pics of LV gifts from their hubbies, bf's, etc. or tell wonderful stories about their significant others encouraging/supporting our LV habit. i adore my hubby but he does NOT get it at all and would never set foot in a Louis Vuitton store! :crybaby:I am feeling alone, especially with valentines day right around the corner and all the beautiful reveals I'm anticipating! Anyone else out there in the same boat?

My hubby doesn't like the price, but did buy me my first LV, but I begged for it, or he wouldn't have known. I have bought the others myself. He makes comments, but I really don't think he cares, because I work hard too. I did ask him for LV earrings for V"day, and he said "I don't go to those stores" so we will see what that means. It's a guy thing. I wouldn't get mad, as long as he doesn't yell at you for buying your own, provided you actually have the money.

I am so envious of all the ladies who post pics of LV gifts from their hubbies, bf's, etc. or tell wonderful stories about their significant others encouraging/supporting our LV habit. i adore my hubby but he does NOT get it at all and would never set foot in a Louis Vuitton store! :crybaby:I am feeling alone, especially with valentines day right around the corner and all the beautiful reveals I'm anticipating! Anyone else out there in the same boat?

My hubby did not understand AT ALL and got horribly angry when I wanted to spend the money on my babies UNTIL....he met a few lovely older ladies with vintage bags that were GORGEOUS. He now understands how well these babies age and is actually venturing into LV by himself!! He loves that they offer him bubbly and treat him so nice. He understands now but that doesn't mean he likes how much they cost!!

My boyfriend "gets it" as far as loving the bags, but he thinks the prices are beyond stupid. He really wants a damier graphite messenger bag for himself for work but would never fork over the cash. I might get him one for his 30th birthday :sneaky: But yeah, I'm never expecting any LV gifts from him... although I did joke that he could get me an "engagement purse" instead of a diamond ring :P

My boyfriend "gets it" as far as loving the bags, but he thinks the prices are beyond stupid. He really wants a damier graphite messenger bag for himself for work but would never fork over the cash. I might get him one for his 30th birthday :sneaky: But yeah, I'm never expecting any LV gifts from him... although I did joke that he could get me an "engagement purse" instead of a diamond ring :P
The engagement purse is sheer genius!! I don't sleep in my jewelry so it's not like you will sleep with the bag...but you would always wear her during the day just like a ring. Brilliant!!!

Both my parents don't understand my love for LV and I am 25 almost 26 years old. My dad has bought all my LV's for me with the exception of a pochette I bought myself. The next LV's I plan to buy will be with my own money though.

You are all making me feel better - thank you! Thankfully hubby doesn't get mad and I do pay for them myself so that's ok. He's just not a luxury type of guy (when I was driving a Lexus he was driving a 2004 hybrid Honda civic...). Oh well, opposites attract they say. We will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in May so I just need to accept that he will never enable my LV habit and continue to live vicariously through all my TPF friends!! :smile:

Meant to say I love this idea!!! LOL!!!

Both my parents don't understand my love for LV and I am 25 almost 26 years old. My dad has bought all my LV's for me with the exception of a pochette I bought myself. The next LV's I plan to buy will be with my own money though.

Well it sounds like your dad understands somewhat. :smile: If he did not he would not be buying LV. I think he sounds like a pretty cool dad. Just because someone would not buy it for themselves does not mean they do not understand. In your siggy I see several LV items, so he may not understand *why* you love it, but it looks like he cares enough about you to buy you things that you do love anyway. Lucky girl! :biggrin:

Mine definitely 'gets it' or else there would be no way in hell he would get away with spending, and I am not kidding here, 6000.00 on a stereo/ nav system for his suv. I respect his love for 'sick' sound systems and he respects my love for LV. :smile:

The engagement purse is sheer genius!! I don't sleep in my jewelry so it's not like you will sleep with the bag...but you would always wear her during the day just like a ring. Brilliant!!!

Well my logic is I can spot a fake bag WAY easier than I'd ever be able to tell a good CZ from a real diamond. I would happily take a CZ ring along with a Chanel :graucho: With price increases these days it might be a better investment, Lol. However I think men are a bit uppity when it comes to engagement rings so I doubt he'd really go for it.

Mine definitely 'gets it' or else there would be no way in hell he would get away with spending, and I am not kidding here, 6000.00 on a stereo/ nav system for his suv. I respect his love for 'sick' sound systems and he respects my love for LV. :smile:
I am giggling. At one point the Jeep in my garage had more bling than me. As long as everyone understands each other...all is good in my house!!

Haha! The way I finally got my bf to stop guilt tripping me over purse prices was to break down how much money he's spent on TVs in the last 5 years. He will seriously spend like 1k on a TV and then upgrade it in 3 years. I was like um... I still use purses that are 8 years old so I win :greengrin:

My husband calls them screwy Louisies! He seems to get upset when I want to buy a LV bag but has no idea what I spend on clothing. So it is all in his mind. If I choose to forgo a pair of expensive boots to get a LV that wouldn't help. The LV is so obvious and seems like a big luxury. I am trying to break him in. We are traveling to Paris next year and I said that I had to get a LV in Paris and he responded with a genuine "defintely!"