Anyone else with a SO/Dh who hates you purchasing LV?

Pug, DH used to say I should get 1 LV in every 5 years :nuts: :wtf: and gave me hard time anytime I got one. Anytime he said it's the last one sweety, I said yes it is:rolleyes: .I made him believe that I agreed with him but I keep buying anyway. I told him those bags make me happy, that breaks his heart such as he can't make me happy, I told him he makes me happy too and even happier if you get it for me :P . So now he just support my habbit infact bought them for me sometime

Tips: Let him thinks that he won the case . Tell him that the bags make you happy. What hubby don't want to have happy wife. Happy wife = happy hubby . My DH knows it very well :roflmfao:

You are too funny:roflmfao: Nita..I will try to agree with him and on occassion treat myself...my problem is that I like handbags more than anything jewellery, dining out etc....something about a nice LV handbag that makes me go WOOO HOOO....picking my handbag for the day switching it for another handbag for evening it is just so glam and fun. I am such a girly girl now...when I was really young I was a tomboy with a motorcycle and now I love heels and handbags...give me a nice pair of heels and a chic handbag I am happy....I do agree happy wife=happy husband:yes: ...it cost money to look nice...he loves it when I look hot..well that requires a little effort and great fashion helps...everyone looks a little cuter when they are carrying LV IMO...if I wore jogging pants and sweats all the time he would not like that and we would save lots of $$$ but, he married someone who likes fashion and handbags and make up... I know that he likes nice jeans, tops, skirts and dresses all of which are enhanced by a great bag because he will tell me that looks great...he never says, "greating jogging suit honey"...so/dh like it when you make an effort too....:P

Nope. My husband prefers to buy me LV more than any other designer. He hates my Balenciaga, Chanel, Dior and Gucci bags. It's hard for me to buy anything that isn't LV. I guess that's why the majority of my collection is Louis Vuitton.

And I agree with Nita. My husband constantly tells me that he will do anything to make me happy and these bags do just that. But, he has the tendency to only buy me things he likes. If he doesn't like it I probably won't be able to get it.

Yes, my s.o. hates LV as much as I love it. He thinks it's overpriced, old-fashioned crap and I need to be admitted to a lunatic asylum because I buy it.

I could't have said it better myself. This is exactly what my DH feels and so I haven't bought ANYTHING!!! :crybaby:

I was looking at a black epi speedy 25 on karenkooper.com admiring it for a few weeks several times a day but I didn't have the nerve to buy it.

Then I sent out a thread re the website and then it was gone. I was SOOOO depressed because I could have bought it if DH didn't make such a big fuss.

I am sorry other people have the same problem but at the same time I am glad this thread was started so I could vent out my frustration! :hysteric:

i am so glad to see that i am not alone :P my DH thinks that LV mono is ugly and stodgy...what does he know about fashion anyway? he is happy to get me things if i discuss the purchase with him first. he is a big advocate for communication before a big purchase. i think that is what makes a good marriage and keeps me in LV:wlae: !! i am happy to oblige him.

Oh pinki, that is awesome... I love your dh.... I am going to do one bag a year myself, after binging this year in 06. I don't like binging, it's too much. One a year is very reasonable and feels better, PUG, read the mono pochette thread... it's very good to show men the visual aids thread... then, they get they're yaya's all excited about LV too! I've heard it happen more than once! heehee, we're little LV devils....

My ex thought I was insane for buying such expensive purses. Now we are not together anymore. LOL.. :roflmfao: But.. my current SO just bought me a wallet for xmas!! :yes:

I can totally understand where you are coming from!

You are too funny:roflmfao: Nita..I will try to agree with him and on occassion treat myself...my problem is that I like handbags more than anything jewellery, dining out etc....something about a nice LV handbag that makes me go WOOO HOOO....picking my handbag for the day switching it for another handbag for evening it is just so glam and fun. I am such a girly girl now...when I was really young I was a tomboy with a motorcycle and now I love heels and handbags...give me a nice pair of heels and a chic handbag I am happy....I do agree happy wife=happy husband:yes: ...it cost money to look nice...he loves it when I look hot..well that requires a little effort and great fashion helps...everyone looks a little cuter when they are carrying LV IMO...if I wore jogging pants and sweats all the time he would not like that and we would save lots of $$$ but, he married someone who likes fashion and handbags and make up... I know that he likes nice jeans, tops, skirts and dresses all of which are enhanced by a great bag because he will tell me that looks great...he never says, "greating jogging suit honey"...so/dh like it when you make an effort too....:P

Agreed. It costs money and effort to look good, especially the older you get (ugh)... oh well, and I was so sick this weekend, but got that mini pochette out and some guy at the grocery store even called me a "pretty girl" wow, LV is like magic!!! Ya can't put a price on that!!!

Plus, it keeps those endorphins moving and that keeps us all young and healthy... just have to balance it with the stress of spending the $$$....:shrugs:

My husband and I keep our finances separate. We each contribute 50-50 to certain agreed-upon joint expenses but other than that, our money is our own. So he really has no right to criticize my shopping habits, and vice versa. He knows that, and he doesn't remark on it.

Does he understand? No. But as long as he doesn't criticize, I don't care whether he does or not, nor do I expect him to.

My SO loves LV, so I never have to worry about him getting upset over new purchases. I love shopping with him! We only have problems when he won't let me buy something, because he doesn't like it.

My DH and I both work so he doesn't mind at all if I want to spend some of my money on LV.He's now so converted that we picked him a man's messenger bag from LV for Christmas.:P
It's strange that while he isn't a huge LV fan he says I should stick to the one brand whenever I mention I am thinking a Chanel etc.:rolleyes:

What my DH finds weird is spending on the same style bag like the Speedy so I'm getting another style next time. He doesn't understand the whole purse thing in general but considering one suit of his costs $3k at least he doesn't have much room for protest..plus his shoes, cars, etc., etc. He's purchased bags for me so I guess he's tolerant and he does like seeing me all happy.