Anyone else with a SO/Dh who hates you purchasing LV?

I guess I'm just lucky. My dh probably doesn't LOVE that I like such expensive handbags....LV, Chanel, Prada, Gucci and Jimmy Choo, but he "supports" my habit and does it lovingly. He knows how happy they make me and always says "I like to see you happy and I'm glad I can provide that for you".....although it's HIM that actually makes me HAPPY! :heart:

Everytime he sees a UPS or Fed Ex box he asks "so what bag did we get today?" I think he gets as excited as I do when I am able to locate a bag that is in the "high demand" and hard to find! :smile:

I am truly lucky, I have the man of my dreams and am able to afford (and have a supporting dh) to have the bags of my dreams!

he doesn't like it. =/ he knows that i like it and will tolerate it but never in his life will he ever get me one cause he thinks it's stupid

my ex also hated it, he was mad at me cause i bought one. we didn't talk for days.

Pinki that is soo sweet of him. Maybe I went overboard this year with LV by getting 5 bags so dh is worried that I may want 5 new bags a year which I will not. I tried to explain that they are classic and that they will never go out of style and the prices go up a few times a year. Infact I chose iconic bags for the most part because I knew that they would be in style year after year after year. One bag a year sounds super reasonable. Maybe I will share your little story with dh and he maybe he will go for that one LV treat a year.
I just hate feeling so guilty over my handbags and hiding purchases.

Pug... My dh knows that I always give more than I keep. That makes him upset, but he never told me. He did however since we've been together that I need not worry about my little obsessions. And that things I buy need not be hidden from him. That it would not make for an honest healthy relationship. He really likes to ask me what I want for my personal holidays and always ask is there an LV I would like. With the self imposed ban of one bag a year it's hard to break that habit. Guess my family makes me feel more guilty than my dh. Plus I am super picky of my LVs.

Six year of marriage and listening to him say, "how much does that cost? You don't need that. Why would you want that?" about anything I buy (and I mean anything) has made me very resentful. He can buy a new computer every couple of years, and have TIVO, and have his little toy GPS, but if I buy something he gets really annoyed. Well, this year I bought 5 handbags and may buy one more (I want a Chloe paddy). I have also been eying an epi mandarin wallet. He argues that everything he buys "we can all enjoy." Yeah, but we really didn't need the TIVO. We have a VCR. It works. And trust me I will never use your little GPS because we almost NEVER GO ANYWHERE where we will get lost. And I always say, "oh, that's good." about his purchases. Now I don't tell him I bought anything until I break it out. Then he looks a little stunned and says, "Oh, OK," since now he knows better to say anything else.

I am teaching him slowly that it is better to let me buy a few things for myself than it is to get divorced.

My DH also doesn't understand why my purses are so expensive...
But is very tolerant because he knows they make me happy!;)
Unfortunately he also did request the BAN... till June on my birthday...:sad:
and I do understand... coz I did go overboard with my purchases this year!:shame:

Haha my boyfriend thinks its TOTALLY stupid to spend so much on bags but I think hes starting to understand that this is what I love and thats not gonna change ....i actually think hes gonna get me a cles for christmas...i even showed him the money clip (porte-adresses) in gold and he likes it so im gonna get it for him for christmas!

Six year of marriage and listening to him say, "how much does that cost? You don't need that. Why would you want that?" about anything I buy (and I mean anything) has made me very resentful. He can buy a new computer every couple of years, and have TIVO, and have his little toy GPS, but if I buy something he gets really annoyed. Well, this year I bought 5 handbags and may buy one more (I want a Chloe paddy). I have also been eying an epi mandarin wallet. He argues that everything he buys "we can all enjoy." Yeah, but we really didn't need the TIVO. We have a VCR. It works. And trust me I will never use your little GPS because we almost NEVER GO ANYWHERE where we will get lost. And I always say, "oh, that's good." about his purchases. Now I don't tell him I bought anything until I break it out. Then he looks a little stunned and says, "Oh, OK," since now he knows better to say anything else.

I am teaching him slowly that it is better to let me buy a few things for myself than it is to get divorced.

You know exactly how I feel. The fact that dh hates me spending so much as a nickel probably made me want to go out and buy more than I normally would. THis year I bought 5 handbags too...you go gf. When dh buys stuff I say nothing infact I am happy for him. Why does it bug him so much when I use my own money and not joint funds:shrugs: . It is like he wants me to save wear old ugly clothes and handbags...for what to save a few bucks so he can go buy electronics or sports stuff. Even when I took pilates classes he *****ed about it and downloaded pilates off the internet for free..weird...I prefer going doing pilates with others not alone. Ohh well dh is frugal frugal frugal and it is annoying because I would like to be open about my LV but, he complains too much and takes the joy out of getting them. I will try to teach him....he just makes me soooo:hysteric: at times...I feel better...thanks:P .

My bf doesn't really mind me buying designer clothes & LV bags... in fact he's bought a few for me himself... sometimes I even model a few bags for him at the boutique for his opinion on which bag I should buy... however, we're planning to buy a house next year, so we agreed that we should save up the money & stop buying LV for a little while, but he also made it clear that he would never be the one to control how I spend my money. :heart:

Pug, DH used to say I should get 1 LV in every 5 years :nuts: :wtf: and gave me hard time anytime I got one. Anytime he said it's the last one sweety, I said yes it is:rolleyes: .I made him believe that I agreed with him but I keep buying anyway. I told him those bags make me happy, that breaks his heart such as he can't make me happy, I told him he makes me happy too and even happier if you get it for me :P . So now he just support my habbit infact bought them for me sometime

Tips: Let him thinks that he won the case . Tell him that the bags make you happy. What hubby don't want to have happy wife. Happy wife = happy hubby . My DH knows it very well :roflmfao:

Mine jokes around with me about them (some of you have seen his empty pockets pic LOL). He doesn't "get" it....just like I don't "get" spending thousands of dollars on a stupid XBox. BUT the motto of our marriage is "I'll support whatever makes YOU happy"....so he goes shopping in Chicago and I ride a darn ATV in the dirt and sleep in an RV.
It's all give and take!
We did have a serious talk about how overboard I went this past year....so I have agreed to slow down a little next year (I really did go overboard!)

Pug, DH used to say I should get 1 LV in every 5 years :nuts: :wtf: and gave me hard time anytime I got one. Anytime he said it's the last one sweety, I said yes it is:rolleyes: .I made him believe that I agreed with him but I keep buying anyway. I told him those bags make me happy, that breaks his heart such as he can't make me happy, I told him he makes me happy too and even happier if you get it for me :P . So now he just support my habbit infact bought them for me sometime

Tips: Let him thinks that he won the case . Tell him that the bags make you happy. What hubby don't want to have happy wife. Happy wife = happy hubby . My DH knows it very well :roflmfao:

^ Well said, Nita.
Pug, you should take this advice.;)

My boyfriend also thinks it is absolutely ridiculous to spend so much on bags, but I told him it is MY money and I am going to do whatever I please with it. What is wrong with indulging yourself a little if you are responsible and not in debt? Men spend tons of money on electronics and cars! I think he is softening up a bit though, he offered to give me money to spend towards bags for this Christmas! It is all fair, I try hard to make him happy, and he does the same. Give a little, take a little. = )