Anyone else who can't sleep?

I used to have trouble falling asleep but now I can't stay asleep. I wake up a few times every single night. I think its because of the noise in the city - I'm a really light sleeper.

I have been anguishing recently because I couldn't sleep. I went two nights without sleep. At all. I just lie in bed from midnight until the sun came up and nothing happened. Usually I fall asleep the moment my head touches the pillow, but lately I get nothing. Last night I was able to get staggered sleep. Little bits with waking up moments in between. It's so annoying because I'm going back to classes soon. I hope you all are successful with sleeping.

once every few months i get the cleaning bug AFTER it's time to go to bed, and i can't go to bed until it's done. i get all revved up. once i cleaned all of my jewelry. another time i rearranged the furniture. i have no idea why i do this but it is weird...

OK!!! I do the same thing!!! Except I cleared out the kitchen one night...it was BAD!!! I don't cook so I threw out a lot of things that I didn't think we "used"...for weeks after, DH was always looking for things that I had pitched!!!

Now I just paint my nails into the wee hours of the night!

I always seem to get energized around 11 p.m. and will stay up until 1 or 2 a.m. just doing 'stuff.' I wish I could go to bed earlier but just cannot. Or, I'll start watching something on DVR at 1 a.m. and up until it finishes.

And I have to get up at 6:10 almost every morning! :sad:

A few weeks back, I would go to bed and be wide awake... just couldn't fall asleep. One night, I let my dog in the bed (miniature schnauzer) and his snoring put me sleep immediately! So now I get him if I have trouble falling asleep. :yes:

omggg just did a quick search for a sleep thread bc i CAN'T sleep :sad: it feels like too much energy to get ready for bed & i'm still all jittery because of watching the superbowl & being up wayyy later than i would normally on a Sunday night.

I get up at 5:05am every morning for work & I feel like no one I know has to get up that early. It's so friggin frustrating. Everyone was all excited and partying because no one has to get up that early or they don't work (ugh). I'm exhausted and stressed about work tomorrow but can't sleep because now I'm overthinking everything :sad: help!!!!

I can't sleep either! I have such a full day tomorrow. I have to be up at 6:15 for class, then work, then class again. I get out of class tonight at 9:35 pm, and then I'll drive a half hour to my boyfriends to see him for about an hour, then drive the 15 minutes home so I can lay in bed unable to sleep! Argh.

I woke up at 6:00 AM today and I don't even work. I cannot sleep in if I feel like I have something to accomplish (or at least, have something to procrastinate, since I'm obviously here and not tackling some freelance work that came my way).

I have no problem with sleeping in the night/morning, in fact I can sleep all day. My problem is falling to sleep. When morning comes I am tired because I went to sleep so late. I run some nights to make it easier to sleep, that really helps for me sometimes.

I've had this problem for as long as I remember. It's very hard for me to fall asleep even if I am very exhausted. I'll have a few nights where I knock out as soon as I lay down but most nights I have to lay there for a few hours before I fall asleep. After I finally do fall asleep it's time to wake up again!

once every few months i get the cleaning bug AFTER it's time to go to bed, and i can't go to bed until it's done. i get all revved up. once i cleaned all of my jewelry. another time i rearranged the furniture. i have no idea why i do this but it is weird...

that is not weird.

that happens to me, especially when something is causing me anxiety.

anxiety almost ALWAYS= the sudden and overwhelming urge to CLEAN

girls, i used to have a LOT of problems sleeping.

it didn't really start until i turned 23 or 24, i struggled for a couple years before i found that taking a simple antihistamine REALLY helps. the benadryl that doesn't have any painkiller in it, ONLY the antihistamine. it doesn't have any side effects, and it works. it's the bright pink one.

after almost a year, i feel it wearing off a TINY bit. sometimes i take one and a half now. it's not completely dependence free, BUT there are no bad side effects so i think it's worth it. it's better than not getting ANY sleep.

me, my sister, and both my parents take this to get to sleep.