anyone else watching "escape to the chateau"??

bag-princess

Spoiled Princess
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
i am obsessed with the show! someone told me about it over the weekend and i started watching it and i love it.

British engineer Dick Strawbridge and his wife Angel buy a rundown French chateau. The series shows them over the course of a year, as they restore the building that has stood empty for 40 years.
See Less
Release Date:
November 29, 2020

dickandangel.jpg

i am obsessed with the show! someone told me about it over the weekend and i started watching it and i love it.

British engineer Dick Strawbridge and his wife Angel buy a rundown French chateau. The series shows them over the course of a year, as they restore the building that has stood empty for 40 years.
See Less
Release Date:
November 29, 2020

View attachment 4936762
My sister recommended it to me and I have three recorded but I haven't watched them yet. I plan to watch them after Christmas and I'm really looking forward to it!

Reactions: bag-princess
I watched this series and loved it. It was made a few years ago, and then last year they made another series where Dick and Angel help other British couples buy chateaus and fix them up.

Reactions: bag-princess
My sister recommended it to me and I have three recorded but I haven't watched them yet. I plan to watch them after Christmas and I'm really looking forward to it!

i think you will love it too! dick and angel are so cute together - and the kids are so adorable!

I watched this series and loved it. It was made a few years ago, and then last year they made another series where Dick and Angel help other British couples buy chateaus and fix them up.

yes i see they have the series escape to the chateau diy - i'm not sure if that is the one that is coming to HGTV in january or reruns of the original shows. i hope they will make new ones!

Reactions: rockhollow
i think you will love it too! dick and angel are so cute together - and the kids are so adorable!

yes i see they have the series escape to the chateau diy - i'm not sure if that is the one that is coming to HGTV in january or reruns of the original shows. i hope they will make new ones!

They look like a fun couple and the chateau behind them looks breathtaking. And I'd much rather watch other people renovate than do it myself!

I watched it online on 'watchseries'.
Angel was so creative, she could make anything look good.
What a wonderful place to have a wedding.
I don't think there is anything that Dick couldn't fix.

exactly!!!! i would loooove a man like that because like angel - i always have some idea about what i want done around here but my husband is not handy at all! :rolleyes: :lol: he is afraid of doing something wrong and would rather call someone - i like to give it a good try or two before i throw in the towel!

I don't know how much we should discuss the series if they are others that are just watching it.
I loved that the previous family had left all that stuff in the attic, and Angel used it to decorate some of the rooms in their house.
I used to call my husband the 3/4 man - he would always start a project and get it 3/4 done and then stop - LOL!

And only in my dreams would I get to live in a house with a moat(sp?) around it.

well the subject line is clear - that way they know what is being discussed. so if they have not watched then that is something they need to deal with beforehand.

at least your husband would attempt to start!! mine is like - "we have to find someone to do it!" and depending on what it is i tell him "no i got this! i saw it on done on HGTV!" :giggle:

Reactions: rockhollow