Anyone else travel light?

i used my alzer on the train, it seemed romantic but the suitcase empty is 20+ pounds. not as romantic when you are breaking a sweat. i am more of a keepall guy for non car travel now.

Kodi-

After trying out bags from so many different brands, I always find myself coming back to LV because their bags are beautiful, luxurious and light. My personal pet peeve is a heavy bag and if a bag is too heavy I will eventually ditch it.

I used to use my speedy b 35 everyday but I noticed that I like to find things to carry it it but I barely use them and that I was getting sick of having my bag bumped into in crowds. I've since downsized to a favorite MM and am loving it. All my essentials fit in, including an ipad mini, and yet I get handsfree/crossbody and no achy shoulders or bumps!

Any other lv lovers travel light? What are your essentials and what beauty do you carry them in?

I'm the same way. If my bag is too heavy, I'll stop carrying it.

Currently, I'm carrying my Monceau BB. It fits my phone, two key pouches (one for keys, one for cards and cash), a pouch with first aid items, medicine, several packets of non-dairy creamer and Truvia (cause I'm particular), a car escape tool (cause I'm paranoid), lipstick, hand sanitizer, lotion and gum.

I have loved reading this thread. I have been contemplating seriously downsizing my handbag for a while. I bought a Bloomsbury PM but I have to say that most of the time that seems lots bigger than I need. I have small children so nearly always have a rucksack or small tote with their things in it so I just need a small bag for my essentials. I have to say sometimes I have felt that I 'should' be using a bigger bag because that is what others peole do but this thread has really given me some ideas to think outside of the box. I had a pochette Accessoires but sold it as I couldn't fit my wallet and glasses case in it... Maybe I need to rethink and maybe not even use a wallet....:smile:

Amazing to hear an iPad fits in the favorite mm...

Wow ! I do 95% of my LV shopping online and never would have imagined that an iPad mini fits in a Favorite MM. It can be so hard to judge the size of things.

I am such a light weight girl.
My daily bag is
Milla Pochette (phone/cash/cards) keys usually in pocket

If I need a bit more room
Pochette Accessories. (Add in keys/lip balm)

Even more room
Speedy 25 (add in makeup and a few more things)

For travel
Neverfull MM (everything and the sink)
Wow you are the downsizing queen... I am envious of your minimalist tendencies lol!!

I travel so lightly that I just used my speedy 30 for a week long holiday. I love light packing!
A speedy 30 for a week? You the master at packing light! Wow!
I had a pochette Accessoires but sold it as I couldn't fit my wallet and glasses case in it... Maybe I need to rethink and maybe not even use a wallet....:smile:
I usually don't use a full sized wallet anymore and just opt for a card holder, a coin purse and fold my money into the pocket of my favorite. I've been cutting down my shopping so I found that I wasn't taking out my wallet that much anymore and that I didn't need to carry so many cards around anyway!

I agree with you, if a bag is heavy it just won't work for me no matter how much I love it.

I love the smell of a good leather bag but usually they're heavy. Bottega Veneta is my favorite leather bag because they're light weight, roomy and gorgeous.

Daily I use LV, either my Mini Felicie or Studded Alma PM for busier days. Any by the way the Studded Alma PM is light weight...such a dream bag.

A speedy 30 for a week? You the master at packing light! Wow!

I usually don't use a full sized wallet anymore and just opt for a card holder, a coin purse and fold my money into the pocket of my favorite. I've been cutting down my shopping so I found that I wasn't taking out my wallet that much anymore and that I didn't need to carry so many cards around anyway!
Good for you with the less shopping! My husband and I have been really trying to stick to a budget too hence why I need to sell something to buy another! Well I downsized to a card holder from a full sized zippy wallet (not Louis Vuitton) and have spent about the last year looking for a perfect mid sized wallet... Have tried many but found none I love so maybe I should just give in and accept my love for the card holder. My problem is always what to do with cash/notes? Putting it in the pocket is a good idea! How do you find the magnet on the favorite?

I've been using the Felice everyday since Jan and love it. I carry both inserts with cash and cards, car key and a lipgloss and I'm good to go. Sometimes I miss carrying mid size bags but for now I love using this lightweight crossbody.

Good for you with the less shopping! My husband and I have been really trying to stick to a budget too hence why I need to sell something to buy another! Well I downsized to a card holder from a full sized zippy wallet (not Louis Vuitton) and have spent about the last year looking for a perfect mid sized wallet... Have tried many but found none I love so maybe I should just give in and accept my love for the card holder. My problem is always what to do with cash/notes? Putting it in the pocket is a good idea! How do you find the magnet on the favorite?

I was hesitant about the magnet at first but I'm actually loving it! To be honest, even though my other bags have zippers, they were rarely zipped when I was using them because I would be taking things in and out all the time (usually my phone), which sort of negates the "zipper for security" thing. Obviously if my bag is super overfilled the top will not meet the magnet, but for the most part, it closes very easy and I can even turn my bag upside down without it opening (if I turn it upside down and then shake it things fall out, but if I am upside down and being shaken, my purse will be the least of my worries)

Wow ! I do 95% of my LV shopping online and never would have imagined that an iPad mini fits in a Favorite MM. It can be so hard to judge the size of things.
I didn't know either until I saw a youtube video where someone put an ipad mini in their favorite pm. I figured that if the pm fits it then the mm probably would to and went to the store to check. I had been admiring the favorite for a few years now and once I found out it fit I jumped on it!

And I would be totally fine with this on a daily basis but I have to carry my laptop for work which complicates things....
I carry my laptop to work daily too. What I do, though, is that I have a work tote (that they gave me) and I put a laptop sleeve in it. Inside that tote I have my laptop, papers and other things that I usually use only at work. I also will put my favorite inside there during the day and then after work I can take that out and go to the store, whatever and leave my work tote at home.

Yes! I love small bags. For some reason I just think a small bag looks more classy/dressed up. My absolute favorite bag right now is my alma bb in de, but I recently got a favorite mm in azur for the summer so I may use that one a little more. I have two totes- a neverfull in de and a MK in vanilla. I only use them for traveling/shopping. I don't carry much with me, either a wallet/mini pochette, phone, keys & lipstick.

you betcha! on the weekends, I carry a few cards, chapstick, phone and keys in a pochette NM. During the week for work, for sure a bigger bag because I have my computer and other gizmos for work and their associated cables and such. But on the weekends, I love to go lightly!