Anyone else think like this?

1. I used to think $250 D&B bag was expensive for a purse until I got my multicolor speedy, which is the most expensive purse I own. I thought long and hard about putting the money down for it but I have wanted it for sooo many years that I finally decided to buy it before another price hike brought it to over $2000. Now, when I look at eBay and see some LVs going for $500-600, I think, "Wow, that's a good price!" LOL :roflmfao:

Anyone else get inflated price distortion after beginning their Louis collection? :P

2. yep

^_^

3. sure, my first eBay purchase is an anna sui bag for 60$, but after 2 years, it's 800$ for a balenciaga :P

4. YES! I still remember purchasing my first Coach bag (signature demi) for $138 and thinking this is the only bag I will ever get because it is sooo expensive!

5. yes!! I once thought $500 was a ton of money for a bag..and then I jumped into $900, then $1500 and now in the $2K range...it's so bizarre.

6. Yep, I have some serious price distortion too! I, too, thought 200 was alot for my D&B, coach, etc. Now I am trying to save and get my 500 stupid PTI wallet!! I have lost my good judgement!!! I cannot help it, I just love LV...

7. Anything under a grand is CHEAP now. Of course, I heard that said by someone else I know and I thought she was NUTS. LOL. Yup, its all downhill from here.

8. It wasn't long ago I was balking at going over $100 for a Fossil bag.

Last week I dropped $900 on my LV, it is a bit shocking. But I know myself and I know that this price is pretty close to my limit.

9. oh yes. I used to think $275 was alot to pay for a bag. Now I'm embarrassed by what I've paid for some of my bags. its a dangerous mindset to get into...

10. OMG!!! Totally! Esp. after purchasing my Le Fab and the Fringe Speedy!!! I went to get my Manhattan GM and was pleasantly surprised at how "cheap" it was compare to the other two!:shocked: :lol:

11. Oh yes, this just happened when I purchased my Chanel reporter! Now everything looks good to me!

12. Yup. I never thought I'd pay for a Louis Vuitton piece....but I did.

13. I just remembered my first purchase, a coach pink wave pouchette! It was probably about $200 and it took me a while to get myself to buy a bag at that price!

Then I joined the purse forum.

14. yeah, i was going to a second hand store near my place and when i say a fringe bucket for sale at 4000USD, i didn't shock anymore, before i can go,"what??? 4000 $ for a fuc*ing bag???"

15. My most expensive designer handbag is still my very first one - I bought my popincourt haut in Toronto with the pricier Canadian pricing, plus the tax. Ever since then, it's been eBay and buying from places where retail's a little less !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice