Anyone else still on a "Lockdown"?

I’m just now carefully emerging from lockdown since Mar 2020 (vaxxed and boosted.)

I have ended all relationships with people who are not vaccinated because I only want to connect with people who believe / understand science and care about others.

So, my risk is relatively low. And I trust the vaccine (and my own health focus) to keep any infection to a livable outcome. But, I’ll still be 100% masked in all situations beyond my social circle. It costs me nothing to mask up and keep me and others safe.

I’m just now carefully emerging from lockdown since Mar 2020 (vaxxed and boosted.)

I have ended all relationships with people who are not vaccinated because I only want to connect with people who believe / understand science and care about others.

So, my risk is relatively low. And I trust the vaccine (and my own health focus) to keep any infection to a livable outcome. But, I’ll still be 100% masked in all situations beyond my social circle. It costs me nothing to mask up and keep me and others safe.
I wish more people were like you and me

Livin life, no vax but mask only for the safety of others BUT mask mandates are being lifted where I'm from and honestly, its soo nice to see smiling faces again. I like that masking is optional, I still mask at work and when I run errands, same with my kids.

One rainy weekend morning I'm going to go back to the first page to read what it was like. What a memory lane!
It was indeed—- I work ICU and the time BC—- seemed nonexistent to us. I can remember march 2020 and the months following with so much sadness. So much crying and fears, like what the saying goes—- if it didn’t kill you—- it sure made you stronger. And it did.

It was indeed—- I work ICU and the time BC—- seemed nonexistent to us. I can remember march 2020 and the months following with so much sadness. So much crying and fears, like what the saying goes—- if it didn’t kill you—- it sure made you stronger. And it did.

I hope things got much better. It's hard to tell and it's even harder to tell if it's over. Sending you hugs.

• Love
Reactions: zinacef
For the social and emotional health of everyone, "lockdown" mentality has outworn its usefulness.
Three years is now quite enough. We now know how to deal with this illness.
It no longer serves the greater good to ostracize oneself like a leper.
Get vaccinated, and if you become in contact with a confirmed COVID case, stay home for 7 days. Otherwise, go about your life.
COVID is a very happy virus among us. It is here to stay. We are just finding ways to live with it.
I am a CCU hospital pharmacist. I've been working and living among the COVID victims, dead and alive, for the past three years.
Yes, I am fully vaxed. I must wear a mask at work at the hospital per policy. In real life, I've ditched the mask. Three years of facial skin disaster has been enough.

• Love
Reactions: TC1 and zinacef
After two and a half years of avoiding Covid, we just got slammed by BA.5. But even flat on my back in bed and resigned to isolation for however long it takes, I’m thrilled that we lasted this long. I feel like my family has won some kind of race against the pandemic. We will still be masking in public and adding to our vaccine tally as boosters roll out, of course. I think masks, like Covid, may be here to stay. I’m ok with that; no colds or flu in three years is a solid selling point for me. I’ve adjusted my thinking to include working and living around Covid, instead of trying to aim for a life beyond it.

So I am isolating now, and plan to remain extra-vigilant as long as numbers are high. Viral hide-and-seek seems to be a new way of life now, whether we like it or not.

After two and a half years of avoiding Covid, we just got slammed by BA.5. But even flat on my back in bed and resigned to isolation for however long it takes, I’m thrilled that we lasted this long. I feel like my family has won some kind of race against the pandemic. We will still be masking in public and adding to our vaccine tally as boosters roll out, of course. I think masks, like Covid, may be here to stay. I’m ok with that; no colds or flu in three years is a solid selling point for me. I’ve adjusted my thinking to include working and living around Covid, instead of trying to aim for a life beyond it.

So I am isolating now, and plan to remain extra-vigilant as long as numbers are high. Viral hide-and-seek seems to be a new way of life now, whether we like it or not.
Hope it didn't hit you too hard, feel better!

• Love
Reactions: Joule