Anyone else still on a "Lockdown"?

I can't even keep up with all the changing rules over the last 2 years... I just get my vaccinations and wear a mask everywhere. I've been to concerns, eat out, go to the mall, etc so I don't feel like my life is that inconvenienced (a huge privilege I know) but that may be because I feel more confident doing those things while vaxxed. I didn't get vaccinated to avoid getting COVID... I think it's inevitable we'll all get COVID. I did it to lower the chances of serious illness when I do get it. Seems like same as the flu shot to me honestly; I used to always get the flu after getting the shot but it doesn't wipe me out like when I don't get it.

100% same POV here. I get my shots, still wear mask outside (still mandatory here), but i’m not as freaked out on getting covid as i was before. People are getting used to living with the virus nowadays and sooner or later it’s gonna be just like the regular flu. I think.

I can't even keep up with all the changing rules over the last 2 years... I just get my vaccinations and wear a mask everywhere. I've been to concerns, eat out, go to the mall, etc so I don't feel like my life is that inconvenienced (a huge privilege I know) but that may be because I feel more confident doing those things while vaxxed. I didn't get vaccinated to avoid getting COVID... I think it's inevitable we'll all get COVID. I did it to lower the chances of serious illness when I do get it. Seems like same as the flu shot to me honestly; I used to always get the flu after getting the shot but it doesn't wipe me out like when I don't get it.
Flu shot is 60% accurate/effective. I stopped getting that more than a decade ago.

Everyone here basically split into different camps

Camp A: vaxx, boosted, mask up, social distancing etc
Camp B: Vax and mask when have to
Camp C: convinced this is one big hoax, no Vax and mask when forced

Flu shot is 60% accurate/effective. I stopped getting that more than a decade ago.

Everyone here basically split into different camps

Camp A: vaxx, boosted, mask up, social distancing etc
Camp B: Vax and mask when have to
Camp C: convinced this is one big hoax, no Vax and mask when forced

I only get the flu vaccine every couple of years myself since I hate needles. It's just a calculated risk, though when I do get the flu unvaxxed it is so much worse than when I'm vaxxed. If we were to "require" the COVID vaccine every year long-term like the flu, I might do the same with that. It's just COVID-19 is relatively new and there isn't yet a high enough level of immunity... it's almost like we're getting immunity started up for this generation, whether it's by getting it or getting vaxxed. I imagine it was the same with any illness what we have vaccinations for now.

Reactions: absolutpink
I was due for a doctor's visit yesterday but they canceled due to being swamped with COVID-19 issues (not sure if it's staffing issues or patients)... she recommended I wait a month until it "dies down a bit" before putting myself at risk since I have a newborn at home. I hope it does die down a bit in a month!

100% same POV here. I get my shots, still wear mask outside (still mandatory here), but i’m not as freaked out on getting covid as i was before. People are getting used to living with the virus nowadays and sooner or later it’s gonna be just like the regular flu. I think.
Covid? What Covid? I live in Florida, we get vaccinated or treated if we get sick and keep on keeping on. The last wave affected most of my family in the form of a very mild cold lasting a couple of days. Hoping that is the beginning of the end for the horrible pandemic.

I was due for a doctor's visit yesterday but they canceled due to being swamped with COVID-19 issues (not sure if it's staffing issues or patients)... she recommended I wait a month until it "dies down a bit" before putting myself at risk since I have a newborn at home. I hope it does die down a bit in a month!
it depends where you are in the world.

Covid? What Covid? I live in Florida, we get vaccinated or treated if we get sick and keep on keeping on. The last wave affected most of my family in the form of a very mild cold lasting a couple of days. Hoping that is the beginning of the end for the horrible pandemic.

I’m in upstate NYS and my family is in Florida. I fly to Florida every couple months and love the freedom!! I’m a teacher and see how all the mandates are impacting the mental/social health of kids in NYS. I’m not ok with it. I’m happy that my nephews go to school in Florida and are living a normal life.

I’m in upstate NYS and my family is in Florida. I fly to Florida every couple months and love the freedom!! I’m a teacher and see how all the mandates are impacting the mental/social health of kids in NYS. I’m not ok with it. I’m happy that my nephews go to school in Florida and are living a normal life.
Despite the bad press, we have a pretty good vaccination rate and that seems to work along with treatments. Also, I think the sunshine helps. Hope the rest of the world can be as free as we are in Florida. We all just have to decide what works for each one of us. Glad you can make it down here often!!

• Love
Reactions: lulu212121