Anyone else still on a "Lockdown"?

vinotastic

Oct 23, 2015
And how has it effected you?

I live in the Philly area. We never fully reopened. Restaurants were leaning very heavy on outdoor dining but that will only last so much longer with our weather. Some stores will still put a line outside if too many people are inside. I was sent home to work from home in March and am not going back in the office until summer 2021. Some things I was planning to purchase seem sort of silly to do now (like a new watch) and things I want/will use more of (homewares) are hard to get.

Curious what other folks in other areas are experiencing as we near the end of 2020. Please share!

In the UK we are having lockdowns again, basically back to March

I am seeing this happening in other places.

We are in South Florida and I think we are one of those areas that never really went into a proper lockdown and it seems we never will. We had a huge spike at one point and were the new epicenter, but people were still out and about maskless. I think the warm weather will help us as this gets worse again come winter, but I do wish more people here would take this more seriously.

I am seeing this happening in other places.

We are in South Florida and I think we are one of those areas that never really went into a proper lockdown and it seems we never will. We had a huge spike at one point and were the new epicenter, but people were still out and about maskless. I think the warm weather will help us as this gets worse again come winter, but I do wish more people here would take this more seriously.

My mother in law is in florida and she is very much acting as if this doesnt exist down there. When she came up here we didnt see her for 2 weeks and she was outraged.

Hey! I’m from the philly area too. My husband isn’t going back to work until summer 2021 too. We’ve adjusted to the remote life. We’re able to save more money and time from commuting to work. Now I enjoy the simple life working remotely. We went up to nyc one weekend just for a change of scenery.

If you're in town, I hope youre ok after all the riots last night!

In Ireland, we are currently in a 6 weeks lockdown. I have also been working from home since March and for now at work we will be WFH until Summer 2021. It could be pushed to a later month next year if things does not improve.

Same here. In Germany. We are probably going to go back to (some sort of) lockdown as per next week. Deja vu...

When I talk to mom, at least your track and trace system works and there are regulations, here the government "recommends" and people can do what they like

When I talk to mom, at least your track and trace system works and there are regulations, here the government "recommends" and people can do what they like
Yes, only that Berlin already announced that they are stoping the track and trace... If that happens in many other regions, the situation could quickly spiral out of control...

Yes, only that Berlin already announced that they are stoping the track and trace... If that happens in many other regions, the situation could quickly spiral out of control...

The UK never had a working track and trace, they only spent a fortune on it, they are on about how bad a lockdown is for the economy, I can't help but think "sick people aren't very productive or good consumers, and dead people don't actually consume or produce anything...."

My mother in law is in florida and she is very much acting as if this doesnt exist down there. When she came up here we didnt see her for 2 weeks and she was outraged.
Ugh. We are in the Philly area but my hubs family is from the middle of the state - it's obvious they don't think covid is a big deal and definitely don't like that we aren't ***** supporters. This whole thing + the election causes so much unnecessary stress and conflict.

I live in WI where people sued for the right to be stupid (end lockdown, go without masks). Numbers here are higher than they've ever been, and we had a new record high number of cases yesterday and a record high number of deaths. And yet... we're in school. It's insane. We finally went virtual just for this week (planning on going back in person next week) because they couldn't get enough staff to run the building. They cancelled gym and art and had aides acting as substitutes and admin doing recess duty and crossing guard. Staff is starting to get angry about the lack of safety and how healthy it is to yank kids back and forth. All virtual is NOT ideal - we can all agree on that - but at what cost are we congregating in person? We had one staff member in the ICU (back home now, but still on oxygen) and another out for a month.

Our governor cannot order schools closed because they'll sue to reopen. If people had actually observed the initial lockdown we had, perhaps we wouldn't be here, but most people still go without masks. I just can't get over why it seems so hard for people to just wear a damn mask.