Anyone else still on a "Lockdown"?

It’s so depressing when you are trying to do the right thing and sacrificing so much for a whole year but selfish people do what they want and spoil all our efforts
I know what you mean. We haven’t gone anywhere except food shopping and taking food to a relative who lives alone since March. For so many people it seems to be life carried on as usual with no concern or regard for anyone else. :crybaby:

Agree. I have barely seen any friends. A couple of outdoor meetups in the past year - like 1 a month, maybe. I saw my parents for the holidays with my sister. They live 2 counties over. My sister and I are single, childfree, and work from home.

I know other people dating, going wine tasting, taking trips.

Today at work I was in a meeting with colleagues in other states. It was like there was no pandemic. They were eating out, going to the gym, going to church.....

Agree. I have barely seen any friends. A couple of outdoor meetups in the past year - like 1 a month, maybe. I saw my parents for the holidays with my sister. They live 2 counties over. My sister and I are single, childfree, and work from home.

Today at work I was in a meeting with colleagues in other states. It was like there was no pandemic. They were eating out, going to the gym, going to church.....
We haven’t seen anyone in a year - not our parents , my step children- no one -we want to keep safe so we protect our vulnerable parents I just wish others would do the same - if last March we had locked down earlier harder and for longer the UK wouldn’t be in this mess - people were allowed out every day, we opened too much too early and incentivised people to “eat out to help out” life for the majority returned to normal - and cases and deaths rose -we had a 4 week lockdown in Nov to try to halt the tide - again too little too late - and again under pressure from the unwashed British public they reopened cheap shops 24/7 for Christmas shopping - horrendous pictures of overcrowded shops and 2 hour queues to buy cheap tat - so our second wave is 4 times worse than before - in wave one hospitals were under pressure for about 6 weeks - in wave 2 some hospitals have 4 times the patients they had at the peak of wave 1 but they have had them for longer -for some for an unrelenting 3-4 months - and when we open up again ? Same scenario will sadly play out all over again because people can’t be patient can’t make the small sacrifice to stay at home for 3 months and then accept that things need to open back up gradually- pubs and hospitality being last - many people have no money for food let alone coffee cake meals out and holidays - if you want to travel build in the cost of hotel quarantine each side and pay for covid tests or don’t go - maybe donate the money to people struggling to eat and pay bills to keep warm

Last edited:
Upstate NY - no lockdown since May and our numbers only spiked slightly around the holidays. They went back down after the holidays.
Also I’m a public school teacher and our school has been open for in person learning since day one - without closing at all. That is the case for the entire region I live in.
That's how its been here. My kids have been in school since August. No shut down or temp closures due to Covid. The universities have been open as well.

I work from home now instead of going into the office so I really only get to leave the house for pilates three times a week and once a week for the market.

I live in Melbourne so last year we did a 6 month lockdown, so I'm very thankful I can still go to the gym.

I work from home now instead of going into the office so I really only get to leave the house for pilates three times a week and once a week for the market.

I live in Melbourne so last year we did a 6 month lockdown, so I'm very thankful I can still go to the gym.
And here we go again! Hopefully the next 5 days goes by smoothly and achieves its purpose.

Reactions: 336

@jade @elvisfan4life @Chagall As a Puerto Rican American living in Utah, I feel this and I'm ashamed. The way local governments and the public in general are handling this pandemic is disappointing and we should do better. Unfortunately, masks and anti-intellectualism were politicized last year. People are still holding onto that mentality even though double-masking was proven to hinder the spread more than not wearing a mask.

My husband and I are also childfree and in self-imposed isolation due to his asthma. We haven't visited family since last February (when we thought COVID-19 was an isolated incident) or eaten/spent time in an enclosed space anywhere with anyone in over a year. We've only been able to see a few friends during remote camping and hiking trips where we can all keep our distance while being masked up. We went on a Utah national parks road trip last December before the first snow so we could hike everyday and have something to look forward to while still isolating with self-check-in and eating meals inside or out on a trail. Isolation has definitely been hard and frustrating during winter because we don't enjoy camping or hiking in the snow.

Our non-outdoorsy friends have fallen off our radar, but join birthday Zoom calls at least. Yet, I see IG and FB posts of friends and family (in Florida and Puerto Rico) going to brunch, happy hour, dinner indoors, hugging in selfies with people they don't isolate with, and partying together like it's not a risk of spreading the virus. Just because a local government allows restaurants and bars to open doesn't mean people won't catch COVID from eating inside while sharing the same air at a small table, unmasked.

The frustration and sadness affected escalated my GAD so I actively tell myself to hide social media posts, unfollow those people, don't like posts, etc. because other people's selfishness and willful ignorance are unavoidable. Going for runs (when it's not snowing), skincare, reading, watercolour, binging shows, and practicing new recipes have also been sanity-savers.

Thank you for reading and wishing everyone good health, love, and the strength to see this through.

I live in the truly cuckoo and careless state of Texas, USA. Not only are we no longer having lockdowns (despite horrifying infection and death rates), Gov. Abbott said he is looking to end the mask mandate very soon.

In contrast, we are on our own lockdown. Only essential trips out of the house. I haven’t seen my family or close friends in over a year (I’m a transplant to TX) And, I honestly grow angrier every day at those who are being careless about the spread. Far too many people I know are not only going out and about to socialize and to entertainment venues but having parties and events. :mad:

@jade @elvisfan4life @Chagall As a Puerto Rican American living in Utah, I feel this and I'm ashamed. The way local governments and the public in general are handling this pandemic is disappointing and we should do better. Unfortunately, masks and anti-intellectualism were politicized last year. People are still holding onto that mentality even though double-masking was proven to hinder the spread more than not wearing a mask.

My husband and I are also childfree and in self-imposed isolation due to his asthma. We haven't visited family since last February (when we thought COVID-19 was an isolated incident) or eaten/spent time in an enclosed space anywhere with anyone in over a year. We've only been able to see a few friends during remote camping and hiking trips where we can all keep our distance while being masked up. We went on a Utah national parks road trip last December before the first snow so we could hike everyday and have something to look forward to while still isolating with self-check-in and eating meals inside or out on a trail. Isolation has definitely been hard and frustrating during winter because we don't enjoy camping or hiking in the snow.

Our non-outdoorsy friends have fallen off our radar, but join birthday Zoom calls at least. Yet, I see IG and FB posts of friends and family (in Florida and Puerto Rico) going to brunch, happy hour, dinner indoors, hugging in selfies with people they don't isolate with, and partying together like it's not a risk of spreading the virus. Just because a local government allows restaurants and bars to open doesn't mean people won't catch COVID from eating inside while sharing the same air at a small table, unmasked.

The frustration and sadness affected escalated my GAD so I actively tell myself to hide social media posts, unfollow those people, don't like posts, etc. because other people's selfishness and willful ignorance are unavoidable. Going for runs (when it's not snowing), skincare, reading, watercolour, binging shows, and practicing new recipes have also been sanity-savers.

Thank you for reading and wishing everyone good health, love, and the strength to see this through.

Keep safe and keep posting take care x

Reactions: pursekitten
I live in the truly cuckoo and careless state of Texas, USA. Not only are we no longer having lockdowns (despite horrifying infection and death rates), Gov. Abbott said he is looking to end the mask mandate very soon.

In contrast, we are on our own lockdown. Only essential trips out of the house. I haven’t seen my family or close friends in over a year (I’m a transplant to TX) And, I honestly grow angrier every day at those who are being careless about the spread. Far too many people I know are not only going out and about to socialize and to entertainment venues but having parties and events. :mad:

I agree in the UK we are unlocking over the next 2 months - madness - we are the worst death rate and it’s all going to be a repeat of last year I despair

Still lockdown in Canada Toronto area, one of the region reopened for one day, everyone crowded to the store, they closed the region again lol. My region is still lockdown, so no difference... Staying home, working from home, dreaming about travelling back to my hometown(miss the yummy yummy food) and road trip to Montreal, and Disney trip with my family. Most of the time, literally I am dreaming about things after pandemic :biggrin:

@elvisfan4life Thank you, you too! Some days are worse than others, but overall I definitely acknowledge my privilege and am thankful for the health of everyone around us.

@lemondln The crowds are the riskiest. A strict reservation system everywhere would keep people from clustering, but people probably ignore their own symptoms and go anyway. People in Disney Springs Orlando in the beginning started sharing ways to temporarily lower temperatures to pass temperature checks. In Provo, Utah many parents kept silent about their families' symptoms and sent their children to school, tried moving homecoming to other districts, and now this:

Initially, before schools reopened, the state had proposed allowing students to return under a “modified quarantine” plan that didn’t include any requirement to stay home from class after direct exposure. That was abandoned a week later after fierce pushback from teachers and doctors worried about spread. Since then, parents and students have spoken out against kids having to stay home for 14 days, saying it has negatively impacted their ability to do their schoolwork. — SL Tribune

Pandemic life is more restrictive for the safety of everyone but some people continue to miss the point.

Luckily, post-pandemic life is around the corner with vaccines on the horizon.

Keep on keeping on!

So parts of my country is slowly shutting down again.. Kind of worried, kind of at the point of too tiring to get worried...
And I heard that Paris is back in a lockdown. Britain is out of lockdown?

So parts of my country is slowly shutting down again.. Kind of worried, kind of at the point of too tiring to get worried...
And I heard that Paris is back in a lockdown. Britain is out of lockdown?

France seems to be having a bad time right now Europe is having a third wave but so far cases numbers and deaths aren’t as bad as Dec to Feb were here in the Uk - the Uk is opening slowly - schools went back last month , outdoor activities like golf and tennis are now allowed and meeting people outdoors but meant to still be social distanced which of course they aren’t so cases will zoom right back up again - I’m praying for months of gales and rain to keep the morons inside as soon as there is sun they mass and swarm in parks and beaches like rats it’s so depressing

• Sad
Reactions: cheremushki
Considering we're one of the most advanced countries in terms of vaccine rollout, our lockdown is only lifting very slowly. All shops, salons, restaurants, etc. are closed until 12th April. Right now, all we can do is meet up outside in groups of 6 and play outdoor sports.