Anyone else not care for white bags?

amytude

O.G.
Mar 10, 2007
I just cannot do a white bag--I don't know why. For that matter, I can't do patent leather, either. It reminds me too much of those mary janes I had to wear in 2nd grade (remember those little white socks that you folded down & had lace around the edges?). My dislike of white might also be due to the fact that I have 2 little boys. Anyone else like this?

I can relate to not liking white with two little boys around! But I've never been good with white. It seems like food, drinks, children and indeed the universe all conspire against me keeping anything white clean!

I am OK with patent, although I still probably view it in a very dated way. It just feels very winter/holiday-ish to me, so it isn't terribly versatile in my wardrobe.

Just like white accessories, like a thick white leather watch band, I think for some reason white purses work wonders on a dark outfit and adds a little edge.

I have decided in my own mind however that I will never again wear white sandals. They can look so cheezy!

I am iffy on pure white bags - I like ivory or a greyed white better. Bright white kinda flashes me back to moms at church in the sixties when i was a little girl. White bags, white shoes, pastel shifts.

I think white looks great on other people but I don't 'do' white myself. For starters I'm v pale skinned and secondly i have 3 little boys running around- so I understand where you are coming from!!

I used to be all set against white shoes or bags - but last year something clicked. this year I bought a celine boogie in white (the ltd edition biker version) but that has been another ebay drama... (not received). so it seems that is not happening.

as for shoes: yep, bought a pair of white, patent (haha) car shoe/loafer types, and love them!!!! don't know what happened.... reckon when my little boy will be into choc ice cream those days will be over again....