Anyone Else Loving Edward Bess Cosmetics?

The e/s trios were made in Taiwan as far back as 2009/2010. There was definitely a difference in packaging, compared with my EB shadow singles:tdown: For a while, I thought I had purchased fake EB!
Yikes. That much of a difference?

What about the quality of the makeup? Has that changed too?

I was about to buy the Back to Basics Palette when I saw on-line swatches (thank goodness for such helpful people) and I realize the eye shadows are very shimmery. I like a more matte shadow, so I guess I will not be getting the palette.

Oh dear -- I just complained that I was concerned about the eye/lip palette being made in Taiwan - and something told me to look at every EB product I have purchased at Sephora -- everything is made in Taiwan. My South of France palette, my Sunlight highlighter, my cream blushes... everything.

I thought the packaging seemed a touch thin and flimsy.

I guess he switched manufactures when he got the Sephora contract? No more made in the USA? :tdown:

I emailed edwardbess.com CS about this about a year ago when noticed some of the products I had said "Made in Taiwan" and here was their response:

"Thank you for your interest in Edward Bess. All of our products are produced in Italy and all outer packaging only is produced in Taiwan. We look forward to being of any additional assistance.

Best regards,

Sarah Daniels

Edward Bess Customer Service"

I emailed edwardbess.com CS about this about a year ago when noticed some of the products I had said "Made in Taiwan" and here was their response:

"Thank you for your interest in Edward Bess. All of our products are produced in Italy and all outer packaging only is produced in Taiwan. We look forward to being of any additional assistance.

Best regards,

Sarah Daniels

Edward Bess Customer Service"
What do you think? Do you think that is correct?

The reason I am still doubtful is that where an item is made (especially the product, not the plastic case) should be displayed on the label and all it says about Italy, is that it is distributed there, not made there.. It does state, "Made in Taiwan." so I'm still not convinced that customer service agent is correct.

Having said that, I'm about to place a 3rd order. I'm thinking of getting the concealer... what does everyone think of the concealers?

The reason I am still doubtful is that where an item is made (especially the product, not the plastic case) should be displayed on the label and all it says about Italy, is that it is distributed there, not made there.. It does state, "Made in Taiwan." so I'm still not convinced that customer service agent is correct.

Having said that, I'm about to place a 3rd order. I'm thinking of getting the concealer... what does everyone think of the concealers?

I am very light this is one of the concealers I am able to use because

of the color... the other is by terry & at times YSL touche eclat

I heard good things about the concealers, but I'm not used to stick concealers. Actually, I don't use concealers too much but I do have Armani's and YSL Touche eclat (technically not a concealer).

i was actually going to ask if anyone who was a fan of the Cle de Peau stick concealer (my current favorite) could compare the one from Edward Bess. :smile:

i was actually going to ask if anyone who was a fan of the Cle de Peau stick concealer (my current favorite) could compare the one from Edward Bess. :smile:
I have the Cle de Peau and was wondering the same thing.

The Cle de Peau is nice, but it's not lived up to the hype - although I do like it. Edward Bess must be about the same - I cant imagine it being better.

The e/s trios were made in Taiwan as far back as 2009/2010. There was definitely a difference in packaging, compared with my EB shadow singles:tdown: For a while, I thought I had purchased fake EB!
I received my second Edward Bess order and this time I purchased All over Seduction in Afterglow. My first was Sunlight.

My Afterglow is made in the USA. My Sunlight is made in Taiwan. I find Afterglow to be a lot creamier and nicer than Sunlight and I kind of like the original, more subtle lettering on the lid...

Oh well... I guess my Afterglow is old stock.

I didn't believe her either but I also don't have any complaints about the products I've used. I do HATE the new packaging though...

FYI - I just saw that BeautyTicket has EB products for sale... http://beautyticket.com/search.aspx?manufacturer=280

I got the BT email at 2:07, I had an item I've been wanting in my cart but wanted to check some swatches first in case I wanted to add more. Well....I went to check out within ten minutes and my cart is empty and it's OOS!! ARGGHHH!!!!

I received my second Edward Bess order and this time I purchased All over Seduction in Afterglow. My first was Sunlight.

My Afterglow is made in the USA. My Sunlight is made in Taiwan. I find Afterglow to be a lot creamier and nicer than Sunlight and I kind of like the original, more subtle lettering on the lid...

Oh well... I guess my Afterglow is old stock.

That's funny, my Sunlight is old stock b/c it's made in the USA and has the embossed lettering on the compact. My Quad Royale is the new packaging and it is definitely not as nice. It's a shame that this is happening, b/c I like a lot of things from this brand. But I *don't * like when companies do this. And we are still paying inflated prices too, kwim?

Was it the brush? That was the only item I purchased.

sweetart....you took my brush! Congrats on getting it! I called CS to see if they will get more in but it's an answering machine....I've never purchased from them though I do get their emails....just thought that was strange that it was an answering machine...it must be a smaller business.

Just checked BeautyTicket. Too bad my foundation shade is out of stock. I would have grabbed it.

As for the packaging, I just couldn't be more disappointed about the change. EB has been one of my favorite brands, but I feel it's been cheapened. I won't consider buying the two latest round eye shadows (they're too shimmery anyway), and I didn't like the square lipstick tubes at all. They don't feel as good in your hand. Wish he'd reconsider -- very few seem to like this new packaging.

Just checked BeautyTicket. Too bad my foundation shade is out of stock. I would have grabbed it.

As for the packaging, I just couldn't be more disappointed about the change. EB has been one of my favorite brands, but I feel it's been cheapened. I won't consider buying the two latest round eye shadows (they're too shimmery anyway), and I didn't like the square lipstick tubes at all. They don't feel as good in your hand. Wish he'd reconsider -- very few seem to like this new packaging.

agree here.. do not like the square lipstick tubes at all..

sometimes wish these make up lines would leave well enough alone....