Anyone else like Dinh Van jewellery?

Are there still any Dinh Van fans out there?

I am interested in this designer as he once designed for Cartier, and you can see the similarities in his designs.

However, I am curious to know if his bracelets, mainly the Pulse line is as thick as the Love bracelets, and if they are shaped oval in the same manner. I also like the Cube line for the earrings and necklace. I wonder how comparable these items are to Cartier in terms of weight and comfort/fit, and if they would align in the same manner with other Cartier bracelets.

Being from the USA, there are no stores except for some major department stores that might carry a few items but none that I like. Many French and Europeans are well aware of this line as there are several stores across France and a few in other countries in Europe, but most Americans are not. I like that it is somewhat more unknown in that way.

Any feedback or pics would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

I was so surprised to see this thread! I have a bracelet from this designer when he was still at Cartier and I still love it. I feel like it’s stood the test of time.
Dinh Van sold the brand several years ago so I am not sure if he has anything to do with the designing anymore but I can always recognize his pieces. There is a boutique with his name off the Place Vendôme in Paris. I’d suggest getting in touch with them to see if they could help you. I make it a point to walk by there when I’m in Paris to see what’s new.

• Love
Reactions: Chaton
Are there still any Dinh Van fans out there?

I am interested in this designer as he once designed for Cartier, and you can see the similarities in his designs.

However, I am curious to know if his bracelets, mainly the Pulse line is as thick as the Love bracelets, and if they are shaped oval in the same manner. I also like the Cube line for the earrings and necklace. I wonder how comparable these items are to Cartier in terms of weight and comfort/fit, and if they would align in the same manner with other Cartier bracelets.

Being from the USA, there are no stores except for some major department stores that might carry a few items but none that I like. Many French and Europeans are well aware of this line as there are several stores across France and a few in other countries in Europe, but most Americans are not. I like that it is somewhat more unknown in that way.

Any feedback or pics would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

I have a few Dinh Van pieces and love them. As you say, they’re less well known in US but I like them even more because of that. They’re well made. It depends on the piece as to the thickness of it.

I’ve been looking at Dinh Van and am obsessed with the Seccure and Pulse lines. Imho, they are so much nicer and unique for daily bangles than the Love. Would love to see some modelling shots from anyone who has a piece!

View attachment 5076358View attachment 5076359

My fave are the two complementing Pulse diamond bracelets, but I have yet to see them in person. Maybe when I go visit France again!

I have ordered and returned the Cube diamond ring. It was too thin for my taste although I think the Cube earrings may be a better option in that line.

Among Euro men, the Menottes line is highly popular for bracelets and necklaces especially in France.

Reactions: foxgal
My fave are the two complementing Pulse diamond bracelets, but I have yet to see them in person. Maybe when I go visit France again!

I have ordered and returned the Cube diamond ring. It was too thin for my taste although I think the Cube earrings may be a better option in that line.

Among Euro men, the Menottes line is highly popular for bracelets and necklaces especially in France.
I have a menottes bracelet, I love it but I seldom wear it. Went online to take a look and found that the price has more than doubled.

I love the Pulse bracelet. But it appears as though the underside of the bracelet doesn't have any diamonds. At $6880, i think they could have continued the pattern all the way around...

1621715931436.png

Bit it seems from that photo that the bracelet is oval and won’t turn around on the wrist, so you wouldn’t see the diamonds anyway if they were on the underside.

The bracelet just seems unfinished to me. Why continue the pattern (holes) on the underside but not include the diamonds? The only purpose that would serve is to decrease weight of the gold, while still charging a premium. They should have either continued the pattern all the way around (with the holes and the diamonds), or make the underside a completely solid band of gold.

I’ve been looking at Dinh Van and am obsessed with the Seccure and Pulse lines. Imho, they are so much nicer and unique for daily bangles than the Love. Would love to see some modelling shots from anyone who has a piece!

View attachment 5076358View attachment 5076359

I know this is an old thread and an old question! However I'm really loving my recently purchased Dinh Van Serrure bracelet so thought I'd post in case it is useful to someone!

I'd been eyeing their jewellery for a while and was also looking for something slim in white gold to stack with my Love. Turns out their bracelets come in cm increments and the size 15 is a perfect match size wise with a 16 Love bracelet. So far (although only four days!) it hasn't crossed either over or under the Love :smile:

IMG_1922.jpeg

I know this is an old thread and an old question! However I'm really loving my recently purchased Dinh Van Serrure bracelet so thought I'd post in case it is useful to someone!

I'd been eyeing their jewellery for a while and was also looking for something slim in white gold to stack with my Love. Turns out their bracelets come in cm increments and the size 15 is a perfect match size wise with a 16 Love bracelet. So far (although only four days!) it hasn't crossed either over or under the Love :smile:

View attachment 5782681

Thank you for sharing - this is beautiful!

• Thanks
Reactions: Tonimichelle
DH was in Paris for the day yesterday, so I messaged the Dinh Van boutique on Rue de la Paix (where I bought my Serrure bangle) and asked them to put this by for me so he could collect it.
Menottes R8 in rose gold. The first time I've bought something not in a white metal for about thirty years so started small to test it out!

I do wish you could buy Dinh Van in the UK. Even the e-commerce site won't ship here.

IMG_2882.jpeg