Anyone else into the Mac bags?!

Jeepgurl76

Jul 22, 2016
Today I cleaned out and donated a lot of my Mac bags ugh. They were mostly bought over the last few years and not the good ones! They were so easily scuffed with the color rubbing and like chipping off. I only kept a few.

I feel like it’s so much easier to find old school Mab and Mab mini bags then it is the older Mac bags. So my hunt begins again and I’m mainly going to buy the older ones that I can find. I was so sad to see how these newer Mac bags so easily get worn out.

94EAEAE8-CF52-4CE5-9167-C68B7503A354.jpeg
Today I cleaned out and donated a lot of my Mac bags ugh. They were mostly bought over the last few years and not the good ones! They were so easily scuffed with the color rubbing and like chipping off. I only kept a few.

I feel like it’s so much easier to find old school Mab and Mab mini bags then it is the older Mac bags. So my hunt begins again and I’m mainly going to buy the older ones that I can find. I was so sad to see how these newer Mac bags so easily get worn out.

thought i would show you the 2 macs i kept when i did my bag purge- the lighter one i believe was called metallic honey? The leather is really special on that one, i love it! It is nice to see someone posting regularly in the RM forum again!

View attachment 4739903

thought i would show you the 2 macs i kept when i did my bag purge- the lighter one i believe was called metallic honey? The leather is really special on that one, i love it! It is nice to see someone posting regularly in the RM forum again!

Omg they are stunning!! I regret purging my bags when I did. There are days when I cry about it now lol but really! I had no clue then what I was giving away at the time. It’s not that I didn’t love the bags but I had a select few fave that I used over and over again lol I told myself I would get to the unused bags later but instead I let hubby talk me into getting rid of them!! Bad idea. Do you regret purging your bags? So now I’m trying to rebuild my collection. Maybe I should post a rebuild thread.
This bag I purchased today. I loved this bag the first time I saw Shenae Grimes carry the black patent quilted mac. I didn’t try for it when it was popular. Here is a pic of Shenae carrying it.

Attachments

• 24B40C43-37EA-4E3B-B247-693337CA4FAD.jpeg
    24B40C43-37EA-4E3B-B247-693337CA4FAD.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 89
Omg they are stunning!! I regret purging my bags when I did. There are days when I cry about it now lol but really! I had no clue then what I was giving away at the time. It’s not that I didn’t love the bags but I had a select few fave that I used over and over again lol I told myself I would get to the unused bags later but instead I let hubby talk me into getting rid of them!! Bad idea. Do you regret purging your bags? So now I’m trying to rebuild my collection. Maybe I should post a rebuild thread.
This bag I purchased today. I loved this bag the first time I saw Shenae Grimes carry the black patent quilted mac. I didn’t try for it when it was popular. Here is a pic of Shenae carrying it.
That is a beautiful one for sure! I do wish i had hung onto some, ones that stand out are a purple haze Mab, a special
Order mini beloved that was a beautiful green shade, a signed rm clutch (dont remember The name) and my biggest regret, my elisha that was i think sage/whitewash . I had many many RM's at one time that came and went right in the thick of the tpf days! Oh also a wine matinee. Uh oh you're making me sad lol

That is a beautiful one for sure! I do wish i had hung onto some, ones that stand out are a purple haze Mab, a special
Order mini beloved that was a beautiful green shade, a signed rm clutch (dont remember The name) and my biggest regret, my elisha that was i think sage/whitewash . I had many many RM's at one time that came and went right in the thick of the tpf days! Oh also a wine matinee. Uh oh you're making me sad lol
Oh no don’t be sad lol just hunt those bags down ha ha. Those were some really nice bags though!! There is a really nice wine matinee on Mercari right now. Trying so hard not to lol someone buy it so I don’t ha ha

I have one MAC but it's just to small. I have to carry too much stuff because the way my life goes, I never know when I'll be stuck in the ER with one of the kids, or my car could break down, anything could happen. I like to be prepared. I probably don't need the small bag of tools but what if I do? Definitely need my meds, I think everyone should carry a few Valium with them. I also need like 3 different phone chargers and batteries. And a bag of candy. Plus the normal stuff. With my MAC I felt very unprepared for the next time consuming stupid event I would be a part of. But I do think they are very cute, and I don't see as many on the preloved market as MAMs or MABs or Nikkis.

Oh no don’t be sad lol just hunt those bags down ha ha. Those were some really nice bags though!! There is a really nice wine matinee on Mercari right now. Trying so hard not to lol someone buy it so I don’t ha ha
If you are worried about the size of the MAB, I will check but I think the matinee is even wider than the MAB. With mine, I don't use the outer pockets and kind of mush them in so the bag doesn't look so long. It's a beautiful bag though.

If you are worried about the size of the MAB, I will check but I think the matinee is even wider than the MAB. With mine, I don't use the outer pockets and kind of mush them in so the bag doesn't look so long. It's a beautiful bag though.
I had a matinee and Mab once but I then I was like 5”2 and 100lbs and carrying large bags then felt like I was carrying huge luggage lol now that I’m older and some extra weight I feel like trying larger bags again won’t be so bad.

That Sage/Whitewash Elisha!! I remember that one.

I had a matinee and Mab once but I then I was like 5”2 and 100lbs and carrying large bags then felt like I was carrying huge luggage lol now that I’m older and some extra weight I feel like trying larger bags again won’t be so bad.
I currently have 2 Matinees. I love the leather and the colors — but I really don’t like the bag itself :sad: not functional for me.

Reactions: laurenrr
I have this one! With striped blue and white lining! I’ll have to snap a pic to stare tomorrow :smile:

Reactions: laurenrr
I currently have 2 Matinees. I love the leather and the colors — but I really don’t like the bag itself :sad: not functional for me.
I have one in dark grey, I do find it functional BUT I don't use the zippered side pockets ever. Also my MABs, they are just easier, I can get my things out very easily. But I love the leather on the dark grey, just wish the opening was bigger. It's even easier to get stuff out of my MAMs. So while it is functional, it could be better. Just love the bag anyway.