Anyone else have this problem? Neverfull

reginablair

Nov 15, 2012
After posting a thread asking for repair advice (can be found here), I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem! The cinching strings on my Neverfull have come apart. Aside from some other minor leather issues on the bag, this is the thing that is most upsetting me and wanting to go into LV for a repair! Someone offered the advice that I should just dab a tiny amount of Krazy Glue using a toothpick and that would close it back up again without having to pay for a repair. But I just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this with their Neverfull, and how you dealt or didn't deal with it! To be honest, I thought the Krazy Glue idea was pretty ingenious, but I would just like more feedback. Thanks!

unnamed-3.jpg unnamed-5.jpg

I'd take it in to LV first. They might even repair it for free.

Yes all three of you helpful ladies are 100% right! I don't want to get hopeful about it because I would hate to be let down, but a small part of me was thinking, this can't be normal and perhaps they'll say they'll repair for free because it's a defect. My husband said the Krazy Glue idea was good, but you don't pay $900+ for a bag and immediately jump to Krazy Glue so I think he's going to go into the store with me early this week to discuss repair costs.

I agree. Take her to LV.

Be Blessed MoNikki

how frustrating, sorry this happened to you op. I agree with everyone else, take it back to LV

Thanks guys! Of course on top of this I have two scuffs on the leather trim and the handles are cracking and one is wrinkled! But hopefully all will go smoothly and I'll be lucky enough to speak with a kind and helpful SA. Putting positive vibes out there!

I haven't had that happen but it seems there have been problems lately with the side straps, especially with them popping off the bag! The only problem I had was with the handles cracking in less than six months. I brought my bag into LV and they replaced both straps for free. They are wrinkly now but not as much. I wouldn't put any kind of glue on the straps or else you might void any kind of warranty. I'd bring the bag in- they should fix it for you!

I haven't had that happen but it seems there have been problems lately with the side straps, especially with them popping off the bag! The only problem I had was with the handles cracking in less than six months. I brought my bag into LV and they replaced both straps for free. They are wrinkly now but not as much. I wouldn't put any kind of glue on the straps or else you might void any kind of warranty. I'd bring the bag in- they should fix it for you!

Thanks! I am definitely planning on bringing it in sometime between Sunday and Tuesday. I guess I just feel a little annoyed at myself because I noticed issues earlier, but I just let it go because I was so busy and stressed at work. Now I regret that. But hopefully it will all work out for the best!

Oh and by the way, of course I do have cracking handles and a wrinkly leaf... Ugh!

Thanks! I am definitely planning on bringing it in sometime between Sunday and Tuesday. I guess I just feel a little annoyed at myself because I noticed issues earlier, but I just let it go because I was so busy and stressed at work. Now I regret that. But hopefully it will all work out for the best!

Oh and by the way, of course I do have cracking handles and a wrinkly leaf... Ugh!

You definitely shouldn't blame yourself- I think it's the quality. Your straps remind me of the way that the pochette strap sometimes splits. But with the DE, I don't think LV used enough adhesive. So sorry this happened!!