Anyone else have an expensive bag that they don't want to dirty up? LOL

Jan 2, 2008
I was just sitting here thinking... WOW I REALLY LOVE my navy blue satchel bag, but at the same time, i'm like WOW did I really spend this much money on a bag? Its the MOST I have ever spent on a bag... as much as its worth it, it scares me because I'm like should I take it out to use? but I don't want to get it dirty cuz its so expensive! LOL... anyone else ever feel that way?:lol:

I was like that at first with my Hamptons Carryall (it has white leather trim, yikes!) but I loosened up after it got a tiny pen mark on it.

I'll put it to you this way...you'd have to be REALLY abusive to a bag to make it look awful. It should be just fine with regular use, it will just be "broken in" (which is awesome!).

I totally know how you feel! When I first got my whisky gigi I was so scared to use her cause I did not want to get her dirty or scratched. It took me a little while to get over that, bit I am still very careful with her.

I totally understand how you feel! I used to have a pale beige suede Salvatore Ferragamo bag with shearling trim-I think I used it like 3 times and had to sell it-I never used it in fear of getting it dirty and I felt bad that it was just sitting in my closet! Anyway, regarding your navy bag, don't be afraid to use that, just enjoy it, that's what it was meant for!!! :smile:

Yes, but it didn't last long! I rationalized it by thinking "well, I spent this much on it and it would REALLY be a waste of money if I didn't use it". Now its one of my faves!

I'm pretty much that way with all of my bags especially the new ones and the lighter colored ones. I HATE seeing them get dirty too! (I might also be slightly anal retentive when it comes to my Coach collection too...hahaha!)

My sister does always says it gives it character...I hate it when she says that! lol :hysteric:

Ooooooo Coachgirl, this is EXACTLY the way I feel about my camel Lily!!! In general, I'm paranoid anyway...especially in restaurants, ANYTHING can get ruined!! And I don't do messy public bathrooms either (I'll lock mine in the trunk or die before I take my bag in a crummy place, lol!).:yucky:

i have no money so the few coach bags that i have i baby like crazy i'm always afraid to use them and when i go some where to even set them down, i'd be so upset if they ever got dirty or if something were to happen to one of them!!!!!

I'm with ya!
When I get a new bag the first thing I do is spray it with a waterproofing spray, because heaven forbid Ispill something nasty on it the first time out. I have to admit I'm a total spaz when it comes to my light colored bags.

I relate to ya- the first ever ever over 500 dollar bag I bought, an LV Petit Bucket last year, made me CRINGE!!

I was so worried about it....but over a couple weeks of regular use- my worry went away. Since then- been using bags like they should be used :tup:

LOL... ok at least I'm not the only one that feels this way... thats good to know!! sorry it was such a random thought... I know I shouldn't be paranoid about using an expensive bag... glad you coachies can relate! :smile:

I've only bought one full priced bag, the rest have been ebay finds (NWT) so I'm a little less paranoid I guess because I didn't pay $$$ for them? I mean I got Whiskey Ali from eBay NWT and I did baby her because I didn't want her getting scratched but then once I saw how easy it was to get the scratches out and the appleguard took a lot of them away to I relaxed.

My ergo scarf hobo however I ended up selling because she was WAY high maintanence and I couldn't deal with it lol.

I am paranoid about this with my bags, but especially lighter colored bags like my heritage tote because it has white leather edges and handles.

But, as Candace said, bags were meant to be carried and loved so I try not to worry about it too much, but still clean the bottom edges once a week and the dirt comes right off!