Anyone else have an expensive bag that they don't want to dirty up? LOL

haha Coachgirl12, getting paranoid using your navy satchel? i'm only like that to one of my coach bags which is white...its 06 legacy shoulder bag. but in your case you wouldn't have to worry that much since yours is patent and is easier to maintain then other bags. you would just have to worry about the insides since we got tattersall lining. don't wanna mess with white haha. just make sure nooo pens or makeup laying around freely in your bag. i make sure i store everything in its little own bag/wristlet/mini skinny so it does not touch the lining. i hate using my white legacy but i can't help it cause it's so beautiful. i got sooo pissed and annoyed one time when some stranger brushed up against my bag. oh well sometimes its unavoidable.

haha Coachgirl12, getting paranoid using your navy satchel? i'm only like that to one of my coach bags which is white...its 06 legacy shoulder bag. but in your case you wouldn't have to worry that much since yours is patent and is easier to maintain then other bags. you would just have to worry about the insides since we got tattersall lining. don't wanna mess with white haha. just make sure nooo pens or makeup laying around freely in your bag. i make sure i store everything in its little own bag/wristlet/mini skinny so it does not touch the lining. i hate using my white legacy but i can't help it cause it's so beautiful. i got sooo pissed and annoyed one time when some stranger brushed up against my bag. oh well sometimes its unavoidable.
Yeah I know, I'm funny huh TnC! LOL... i get that way too when someone brushes up against my bags too! :lol:

Hahaha, I'm like that too. This happens a lot when I'm in Toronto and on the subway, and strangers try to get by me and accidentally brush up against my bag. It's like a reflex - I make an annoyed face and then automatically check it for dirt!

I am a little paranoid at first, but after it's first "initiation mark" I relax some. It is still hard to do so though, because even though my bags are mostly ebay finds I am still paying over $150 for them. That is a lot of money if you are not rolling in dough, kwim?!
My BIGGEST worry are my leathers! It is just SOOOO freakin easy to get a scratch on them!! I have appleguarded my Ali and my two legacy shoulders so hopefully that will help me be more comfortable using them. I also have a Bleeker leather wallet in Wine that is easy to scratch. I need to apple her up as well.

I saw what looked to be a Grey Ali the other day. The lady said she purchased it last summer? Anyway, it was definitely authentic and looked like she had put her through the ringer!! I mean that bag was USED!! I swear I saw paint drippings on her :wtf: I can tell you that she still looked GREAT for having been put through whatever abuse she has suffered. There was not even the separation issue around the O ring like a lot of others seem to be having.

Hahaha, I'm like that too. This happens a lot when I'm in Toronto and on the subway, and strangers try to get by me and accidentally brush up against my bag. It's like a reflex - I make an annoyed face and then automatically check it for dirt!

^^:lol::lol:that's soo funny because that's exactly what i do. i give a evil glare or annoyed face and look everywhere on my bag for a mark/dirt.

I was just sitting here thinking... WOW I REALLY LOVE my navy blue satchel bag, but at the same time, i'm like WOW did I really spend this much money on a bag? Its the MOST I have ever spent on a bag... as much as its worth it, it scares me because I'm like should I take it out to use? but I don't want to get it dirty cuz its so expensive! LOL... anyone else ever feel that way?:lol:
I have a few bags that have inspired me to feel that way initially, but I got over it quickly. Take it out and enjoy it!:tup:

I think what has really helped me is learning to clean my bags. If I can clean them then I feel much more comfortable using them. I also am a firm believer in Wilson's leather protector for waterproofing leather and then using the cleaners/conditioners from Coach to keep them looking good. I learned this with my LV bags when I had all that naked vachetta leather and its come in really handy with my Coach bags.

I have the Poppy Gallery Tote and I stared at it all last season and didn't really use it, maybe a couple of times, for fear of getting it dirty. I'm over that now and am getting better at using things and enjoying them and not trying to 'save' things. I'm trying to apply this to all aspects of my life, not just handbags - life it too short.

That's my $0.02!

of course you want it to look new and unused for as long as possible . . . but it feels so great to use, carry and enjoy it! I don't regret breaking in any of the Coach bags or accessories I own. They're mine!

and that's another thing . . . I used to think to myself . . . keep it nice incase I ever want to sell it . . . those days are gone for good!

I think what has really helped me is learning to clean my bags. If I can clean them then I feel much more comfortable using them. I also am a firm believer in Wilson's leather protector for waterproofing leather and then using the cleaners/conditioners from Coach to keep them looking good. I learned this with my LV bags when I had all that naked vachetta leather and its come in really handy with my Coach bags.

I have discovered that as well!!! I have it from when my dh and I purchased our leather jackets from them, but never treated them as we only wore them like 3 times :lol: I got to impatient waiting for the apple guard, so I decided to give the Wilson's leather lotion a go, and BOY does it do the job! My two legacy shoulder bags are GORGEOUS!!! I was cleaning one up to sell it on ebay, but after using that lotion, I fell in love all over again so she is staying here:yes: I used the waterproofing stuff on my Dooney bag and it worked like a charm as well. I have yet to muster up the courage to apply that to my Coach's though.