anyone else have a very little collection?

I have only been collecting for a couple of months and in the short time I could have got a high end designer bag for the money I have spent on high street - but still designer brand. I dont think the point should be the amount of bags or how much was spent on them, its about personal taste. Do you get excited looking at bags? Do you treat all yours as your babies? Do you get them because you love them and not because some celeb has been given one to use while being papped. Alot of celebs dont pay for anything, designers shower them with gifts hoping they will be seen and get a product noticed.

Thanks all. I am really enjoying this forum.

I cannot wait to get my first designer bag, the IGNES, which I would never have found without the women here. And the Linea Pelle I got for a dance, well, I'd have not even known to check her site unless I'd learned here, will actually arrive before the IGNES.

True, one needn't own something to appreciate it. Just yesterday, my oldest was having a case of "my allowance isn't big enough for the toy I want" moment and didn't realize it happened to others (very young and naive for his age), so I said, "you know, that happens to grown ups too." And I showed him the Versace I love and won't ever get fir over $2000, and then I showed him the Linea Pelle I got for $55, and he actually seemed to feel better that I had the gimmes sometimes but could "settle" (as IF Linea Pelle Gillian is settling in any way shape or form ;) ).

I only have a few bags, but I dream big! I guess I like reading about what everyone else has and fantasizing about what I might buy when my ship (which is surely collecting barnacles on the ocean floor) finally comes in.

Yeah I have 6 ("high end") and a few others. I love em all. Right now I am in search of a purple purse. I don't usually like purple but right now I am wanting a purple bag. I figure I'll get something under $100 because the bag I have my eye on (purple patent bucket from Maxx New York) is on the trendy side.

This purple bag sounds great. Can you post a pic? I couldn't find it.

And if you want something purple, under 100 by a lot, then Target has some generic and Botkier by Target bags that are gorgeous purples.

^^:yes:
I'd actually rather spend the $$ on my little girls' clothing for some reason :s
Serious problem w/ that!

use to have that problem with my girls, when they let me dress them...now they are 10 and 12 and hate everything I buy them

enjoy those girls now!

And I don't own any real high, high end bags, I have several Coach bags, 2 RM's and 2 Gryson's, which of course I got all on sale.

I have a small collection, which is ok with me. Sure, I would like more (and more expensive!), but I am also content to see the pretty things that others carry or wear. Even bags that I personally don't like can look really good on different people, and it's fun to see how others express themselves through accessories.

I have a small collection also - had 2 Chanels but sold one - 2 LV's but sold one - a Coach, B. Makowsky, 1 Kooba - so 5 bags total and one Target small purse to take out with me if I go to a bar -

Gonna get a Tano and a Badgley this week ..

I love purses though .. I wish I could buy all that I wanted. God help me if I ever hit the lotto!

i have 3:
1 burberry that i dont even know the name of (friend gave it to me)
1 old lamb bag from when she was with lesportsac and
1 betsey johnson

i am going to add more though... you all can be sure of that :P