Anyone else? Hamptons vs. Legacy

pursegal

Apr 24, 2006
Chicago, IL
Anyone else feel like they have much more interest in the new Vintage Hamptons line than the Legacy? I feel like it has taken the place of the previous legacy for me.... Just curious if anyone else felt this way lately....

Last edited:

gypsumrose

Bella Enchanted
O.G.
Oct 4, 2007
IL
I think with the Vintage Hamptons included, yes, I'm a little more excited about Hamptons this season. But I wouldn't be surprised if it switches back and forth over the next 6 months or so.

pursegal

Apr 24, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think with the Vintage Hamptons included, yes, I'm a little more excited about Hamptons this season. But I wouldn't be surprised if it switches back and forth over the next 6 months or so.

Thanks! I edited my post - I completly meant the Vintage Hamptons....

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
TBH, I've never been a huge Hamptons fan. However, YES, with the new Hamptons Vintage line, I do feel this way. The leather is far better, and the bags don't look like pleather. The only colors I can stand in the new Legacy line are the amethyst and gray. I can't deal with the black or brown at all, and I'm not a huge fan of the bottle green either. I do love the Legacy styles more, though! I'm also not a huge fan of the cheap Hamptons (i.e. basic Hamptons) line, but I have to admit I prefer the leather to the Legacy garcia leather. Actually right now I really like the Hamptons Vintage hobo, and to a lesser extent, the Lindsay, so I'm probably going to purchase the espresso Lindsay from Nordies and the magenta hobo whenever it comes out.

Sadly the "old" Legacy is history, but I guess I just have to be open to change and adjust my buying habits accordingly. My wallet is actually happy that I'm not all over the Legacy line!! :P

mary G

Oct 14, 2007
Midwest
I think the Hamptons vintage leather is much nicier than the new legacy much thicker and the Lindsay shopper and hobo is to TDF!

LIblue

Dona Nobis Pacem
Mar 29, 2007
I think I am liking the Lindsay shopper more than the Legacy satchel but I need to see a Lindsay IRL before I can make up my mind. I have owned a couple of Hamptons carryalls and my beloved Mirandas were part of that line. It all depends on how the winds of change are blowing through the halls of Coach!!

Suzzeee

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
California
I like the Hamptons Vintage line a lot more than the Legacy at this point. I got the Hobo in the Teal and it's amazing - I love the color, leather, size and all of the pockets! So far the only Legacy bag I like in the new ones is the Tote, but it's not really quite as large as I'd like so I ended up with the Sabrina.