Anyone else gone off Ferragamo bags?

Sez

Bag lady
O.G.
Apr 17, 2007
Four or five years ago I was in love with Ferragamo, I bought a simple but beautiful little black hobo, two Marisas (the only time I've ever bought the same bag in more than one colour) and one of the jungle print bags. In the past couple of years though I just haven't been grabbed by their styles, I find them (dare I say it) boring. Am I the only one?

It's definitely an understated brand. I had never even looked at their bags before I saw a Sofia in a Bloomies catalog and it took my breath away. As I'm getting older, I decided I am only going to purchase truly classic bags and shoes. I just sold two Jimmy Choos bags; I know at same point they would look dated. I don't own a Ferragamo yet but hope to soon.

The thing is, I like that most of the bags are understated. The first Ferragamo I bought was a black Dama hobo, and it's probably my favourite bag of all time. It's really simple but there's just something about it. The current styles seem rather 'square', thinking about it maybe it's the curves I like...

I am a bit on the same page with you. I don't own SF handbag just yet, hopefully I will buy one in the near future. The bag will be Sofia in Red. Other style doesn't really interest me. I don't mind the clutch but I don't really carry clutch so I don't really want to spend money on something that I won't use regularly :smile: