Anyone else getting excited about Sylvie?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Gucci people!

I've been watching variations of Dionysus with much interest, trying to decide which one I want to get- it would be my 1st Gucci bag for me, btw- then here comes Sylvie and totally infatuates me!

Some might find it "been done" (I think) but I just love its vibrant colors and clean lines! It's ladylike but not stuffy, maybe because of the ribbon-as-strap (which I find to be lovely and interesting!) And the size is Goldilocks perfect, IMHO.

What do you think about Sylvie? Has anyone bought it? Seen it at the boutique? Like it, love it, hate it, or just meh?

Attached pic is from Purseblog feature.

Attached Files:

2. Adding pics of people wearing Sylvie, also from Purseblog.

Attached Files:

3. Continued. Sorry about multiple posts- my phone allows me to post one pic per post only.

Attached Files:

Cocoa32 likes this.
  4. Last one!

Attached Files:

5. I love the Sylvie! It also comes with a solid leather strap that makes it even more practical. I'm also quite taken with the GG Marmont Shoulder bag, thought not the price. :/

6. I love it. Love, love, love it. I think it's SO classic and timeless. The problem will be which color to get it in. :smile::smile::smile:

7. Love. Here are some inspo pictures! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458096018.414213.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458096028.432628.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458096073.127079.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458096082.993479.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458096092.363245.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458096103.837399.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458096112.172834.jpg

8. I think it's absolutely gorgeous. Going on the Wishlist for sure.

9. I think it's lovely and quite versatile :smile:

10. I think it's great, and knowing you just a little, a very good choice. The leather shoulder strap will be great at turning it from fashion to classic and easy to wear.

Go for the colour that makes sense to you.

My reckoning: the blue/red web-stripe doesn't stand-out so much on the red but it's such a vibrant bag anyway. The black has both green/red and blue/red going on so still has plenty of interest and the ivory is more 'French' because of the tricolour strap and also TDF IMO but also difficult for obvious reasons. I think my heart would go towards the ivory.

I have plenty of smaller vintage bags like this and can always jazz them up with a ribbon. I'd prefer if they were 28 or 30cm wide.

11. Sylvie mini bag in pink!
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458174261.162210.jpg

12. so gorgeous!!! I like how adjustable the straps are.

13. Oh, I did not realize it also comes with a leather strap! That's great, though I do love the ribbon.

And yes, the GG Marmont Shoulder Bag is also gorgeous! :yes:

I agree re: it being classic and timeless! The color selection is a bit of conundrum for me as well. I'm thinking either red or white...

14. I'm thinking black or red. I have a white-bag phobia :P, just can't seem to ever buy one then use it. So most likely, I'd gravitate towards the red. Too many black bags for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice