Anyone else get super annoyed whenever they see fake Goyard out in the wild?

I detest the fake/knock offs, no matter the brand. Whether people like it or not, designs are intellectual property, as are logos. For Goyard, the Goyardine is intellectual property. Using that without paying a licensing fee or royalty fee is IP theft. It is illegal and insidious. That is why I always buy directly from the boutique.
Yes but the question is do you get annoyed when you see obvious fakes, not do you wear them yourself

Funny, just this week I saw a desk at work that had… an all brown St. Louis sitting on it. :biggrin: I wasn’t annoyed per se but I felt awkward about it as my other coworker mentioned that this person always has really expensive bags. I didn’t say anything.

Reactions: Sferics and 880
I saw one in CDG - it was a great olive-tan - I was curious and checked, not in their color way. If it was I'd be all over it.

That sounds like the special ed khaki color!

But yes I actually thought the "Goyard" looked stunning in the deep brown... they missed an opportunity for sure hehe.

Reactions: Vyvera
Funny, just this week I saw a desk at work that had… an all brown St. Louis sitting on it. :biggrin: I wasn’t annoyed per se but I felt awkward about it as my other coworker mentioned that this person always has really expensive bags. I didn’t say anything.
It would be interesting to know the age of the bag. Previously, Goyard did regularly offer pieces in a dark brown Goyardine, identified as couleur/toile 03. The colorway was discontinued +10 years ago.

• Insightful
Reactions: lalame and bibogirl
My coworker has a fake red mini alpin. And it looks GOOD. It’s based on the older model. The the thing that gives it away to me is the shade of red is off. I’ve been wanting the the real one for a while so I knew it was off. The fake has more of a brown based red. I compared my authentic red passport cover against it and was shocked at how good it looked.

Reactions: purselovah91
Fakes are embarrassing in general. It depends, how I feel about: Random people? I don't care.
There are some hunchbacked relations by marriage that glorify themselves "clever" for buying fakes at the beach of Turkey and laugh about people who buy the real thing. They would not buy Goyard, because they'd think not enough people would notice the brand.
As I write this, it turns out: It does not even depend (like I thought), I actually don't care at all :biggrin:

I’m not a Goyard expert at all (just a casual observer), but I wanted to ask: Did they ever make a bag in bright hot pink?

I was once at a local thrift shop here and saw a Goyard of that color for sale. It was a small tote size. I was curious about its authenticity, though, because of that color.

I’m not a Goyard expert at all (just a casual observer), but I wanted to ask: Did they ever make a bag in bright hot pink?

I was once at a local thrift shop here and saw a Goyard of that color for sale. It was a small tote size. I was curious about its authenticity, though, because of that color.
No — never a hot pink. However, they have previously done limited releases including powder pink.