Anyone else get super annoyed whenever they see fake Goyard out in the wild?

nickyweg

Feb 11, 2023
Maybe I’m just being dramatic, but I get super mad whenever I see fake Goyard out in the wild.

Seeing some of these people with obviously fake pieces makes me feel like they’re tarnishing the brand image and exclusivity.

The people you’re trying to impress will know it’s fake instantly. The people that won’t know it’s fake, don’t even know Goyard so they won’t be impressed either.

Maybe I’m just being dramatic, but I get super mad whenever I see fake Goyard out in the wild.

Seeing some of these people with obviously fake pieces makes me feel like they’re tarnishing the brand image and exclusivity.

The people you’re trying to impress will know it’s fake instantly. The people that won’t know it’s fake, don’t even know Goyard so they won’t be impressed either.
You are so right with your last sentence there :amuse: Any specific reason for being mad when it's a fake Goyard though?

Whenever I see people carrying obvious fakes, I lol a bit in my mind. I have seen "Dior book totes" with the logo spelt in gibberish and says "CHANEL" and had to lol. Why bother getting an obvious fake when the money could be spent on a bag of good quality but perhaps not from a luxury house?

That said, I don't find it laughable if it's a superfake and that the owner was scammed into believing that it's authentic (plus paying the price for an authentic).

You are so right with your last sentence there :amuse: Any specific reason for being mad when it's a fake Goyard though?

Whenever I see people carrying obvious fakes, I lol a bit in my mind. I have seen "Dior book totes" with the logo spelt in gibberish and says "CHANEL" and had to lol. Why bother getting an obvious fake when the money could be spent on a bag of good quality but perhaps not from a luxury house?

That said, I don't find it laughable if it's a superfake and that the owner was scammed into believing that it's authentic (plus paying the price for an authentic).
Might be just because of the brands, it’s more of a lowkey and unknown option?

Yes…you are being dramatic. ;) The vast majority of people can’t even dream of spending their money on a designer bag…so if they want the look, to make themselves happy or to make their friends think they have a designer bag, they may buy a fake. There will always be people who will manufacture and sell fakes…is it fair? No…but there will always be people who will buy and carry them. Don’t be angry…just be thankful you are in a position to buy authentic goods.

Unless you're personally working against the counterfeit trade, it doesn't help your life one iota to dedicate "concern" to this stuff. And spoiler, exclusivity is a seductive concept you've been sold. In reality a wide swath of consumers are buying regular-level luxury goods like a Goyard wallet or bag.

Last edited:
Yes…you are being dramatic. ;) The vast majority of people can’t even dream of spending their money on a designer bag…so if they want the look, to make themselves happy or to make their friends think they have a designer bag, they may buy a fake. There will always be people who will manufacture and sell fakes…is it fair? No…but there will always be people who will buy and carry them. Don’t be angry…just be thankful you are in a position to buy authentic goods.
Agreed. Makes me thankful I am in a position to buy the real thing. But I also remember a time when I dreamed of the real thing. Completely understand their desire to have one and also lack of funds to get one.

If they are okay with an obvious fake who am I to judge. I just don't want to be sold one. The ones who get scammed are the ones I feel bad for.

It's understandable to feel annoyed when encountering fake Goyard products, as it can be frustrating to see counterfeit items being passed off as genuine luxury goods. Not only is it unethical to produce and sell fake products, but it can also impact the reputation and value of the brand. It's important to support legitimate brands and discourage the production and sale of counterfeit items.

Reactions: Sferics