Anyone else find themselves only liking newer styles just because they are new?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am totally guilty of this and I am wondering if anyone else is also like this. I have a few bags that are a couple years old that I find myself not liking as much just because they aren't the latest and greatest from that specific collection. I do not have this problem with any of my Legacy bags but definitely with everything else. For example, I have a cute braided Signature Soho flap bag from a couple of years ago that is practically brand new. I carried it once, I think. It's really cute and I still like how it looks but because it isn't a new style I never carry it. I just recently sold the first Gallery Tote I ever purchased for the same reason. It kills me to sell these things but logic takes over and I know that I will probably never use them again even though I like them.

However, just yesterday I bought a NWTs Small Pocket Satchel on eBay that's a style from a couple years ago and I am dying for it to get here. I don't know why this one seems to be an exception other than it looks a lot like a Legacy bag to me. This is what I am waiting for in the mail:

[​IMG]

So, am I the only one who does this?

2. I am EXACTLY the same way, including the way you feel about the Legacy bags. I sell a bag to finance a new one, so I am always cleaning out the old ones. I see people use older bags when I am out and about and think they are really cute, but know that I couldn't do it. Once I am over something, I am usually over it and move onto the next thing.

3. I like lots of the bags, but very few make my heart skip a beat. Those are the ones I try to get.....but as long as I can afford them. :love: But I am loving just looking at all the new things.

4. My heart belongs to Carly now, lol!

5. I love my carly too, I just needed a change, but I can't say I would ever part with her. :love:

6. Well lately the new bags are doing nothing for me, so if I dont use some of my older bags, I'd have nothing!! Although older for me is like from last year or so! I recently did a sweep of bags that I havent used in a few years and sold several on ebay. But if I had an older bag that I really loved I'd have no problem using it. Id just update the accessories to make it feel more current.

7. I didn't know about Legacy and Ergos when I bought my first two Sohos, now my Sohos don't get the attention they once had. I'm a relatively new Coach fanatic. I'm going to sell one or both Sohos and try not to buy any more new bags. The fewer I have the more I appreciate them.

8. I feel so newbish. I only started liking Coach sometime last year, so I've yet to decide which collection I like the most. I guess I can say that I love the Legacy collection, although the bags are extremely expensive for me. The stripes won my heart and I literally fell head over heels in love with them.

They're a great splash of color over black leather, which is something I always loved. I kept thinking over and over, that if I ever get my own home that I would make the interior and furniture like a canvas. White everything, but add that splash of color for that feel-good feeling (which is something I would need).

Which is why I love Legacy. Although I never owned the bags, I do own the accessories. And I hope that if I do get my own Legacy bag, I hope to not throw it away afterwards, even if the style has already died out.

9. Im into Coach swingpacks right now, I love the different design & I think I will keep collecting them, I only carry essential stuff so the size & the price is just perfect for me ;)

10. Not me. If I don't like a style, I won't give it a second thought. There are a few Coach styles that are just not me, but that is okay because I am cheap :yes:

11. Yes! As soon as new stuff is released, I find myself just drooling over certain items and then after about a week or after people start posting pics here, I come to my senses and realize that I don't like certain bags as much as I did when I first saw them.

12. Not really, thankfully. I only buy what looks good on me, and often those are from past seasons.

13. I see a lot of older style leather Coach purses being carried in our town like Soho's and Hamptons. They look great. I never think, "oh she's carrying an older style bag". Most of Coach's styles are timeless and can go anywhere anytime. But I know what you mean, there are the minorty of women who's noses are so high in the air a plane could land in their nostrils. Carry what you like. That's what it's all about :smile:

14. Totally agree...I think that Coach is overall timeless, and I never see a bag out in public that may be a bit older and think anything but "huh, nice Coach. Glad it's not another fake!!!!!" :okay:

I admit to be lusting after some of the new ones though, like right now:drool:

15. I started liking Coach last year. I would say around March. Right now I am loving my Chelsea bag from 06! with the pebbled leather. I am thinking of getting a denim carly but other than that I love the 3 bags that I have.