Anyone else donating to Nordstrom's Fashion Project? :)

Chanieish

May 24, 2010
Hi everyone!

First post on this sub forum! You'll usually find me in the CL and Chanel ones. :P

Anyway, I just heard about Nordstrom's Fashion Project (https://www.fashionproject.com/nordstrom) where you donate used clothes for good causes including yourself!

For every 5 designer items (stuff like BCBG/J.Crew etc) thats on their approved designer list and that had an original price of over $50, you get a $40 gift card.

I know that isn't much, but I'm waaaaay too lazy to resell stuff on eBay or whatever, and its a little perk for donating.

What do you ladies think? I have a ton of dresses/jeans that I need to ship off. If I am not mistaken, shipping is free. :biggrin:

I've done it and highly recommend it - I earned about $80 in GCs + supported a non profit that I believe in.

I do ebay items that I want to purge (without the guilt) but this is a great idea for people who don't have the time/energy to do so. The majority of my donation was designer denim (in flare/bootcut styles) which doesn't really sell well on ebay - between my sister, brother, bff and myself there were alot of jeans that we wanted to donate (all in great condition).

You are very welcome gottaluvmybags

And thanks for the info cherry21! I'm glad people have had good experiences. It's great that we get to choose our charity!

I'm donating to Horses and the Handicapped! :smile:

I think it's one of the best run charity projects I've seen! The process makes it so easy to donate, and I got $200 in gift cards. I was able to add a charity I support to their list.

I don't have the time to Ebay my items and my local consignment shop is a pain to deal with. This was the perfect solution for me.

I think it's one of the best run charity projects I've seen! The process makes it so easy to donate, and I got $200 in gift cards. I was able to add a charity I support to their list.

I don't have the time to Ebay my items and my local consignment shop is a pain to deal with. This was the perfect solution for me.

Great to hear! I will be adding a couple of non profits I work with to the list. A lot of the stuff I'm sending were things that my resale shops would only for me 5-10 dollars for, son unwound much rather support this cause!

I'm going to sign up but I dont really have a lot of designer clothes just accessories. I wonder if they would also take vintage designer items. I have Coach and LV bags from the late 80's that are in mint condition. I would honestly rather donate these for a good cause than hassle with someone on eBay and pay to sell an item

Thanks for the info pr1nc355!

I need to do some spring/summer cleaning and this is definitely motivation!

Do you just buy a big box to send all your stuff?

They'll send you 2 huge sleeves if you go thru the links to tell them you have stuff to consign. I was able to fit 10 pieces of clothing in one of them. Then you slap the label on it and drop it off at the post office, and it gets sent to them by Priority Mail. You can also contact USPS to arrange a pickup. When I did it, they got back to me to let me know what items they approved within a week after I dropped it off. I got my gift cards about 2 or 3 weeks after that. So far, I've sent 10 items to them, and all were approved, so I've gotten $80 worth of gift cards to date.

As soon as I have time, I'm going through my closets and drawers again to see what I can donate. It should be soon cuz I'm moving for a better job:yahoo:

And I love that at least some of the profits go to charity, too. I chose World Food Programme for assistance to victims of Typhoon Haiyan, a cause close to my heart cuz I'm Filipina and many members of my mom's family live near the disaster site.

Wow! Thanks for posting this. I'm going through clothes to donate as we speak and 90% of them are from JCrew, new with tags. So this will be a great way to donate, support a cause and get something for me in return!!

Thank you so much for posting this OP! I have a ton of items I've been holding on to but I'm not big on ebay or our local consignment shop. And one of my favorite organizations I work with is on the list too. This is a clever idea for nords--I hope it works out well for them and they keep it going!

Can someone provide more details about how it works? I read online that each piece sent needs to be worth at least $50? How do they determine how much of a gift card to give?