Anyone else clean jewelry like this??

1. I clean my earrings by soaking it overnight in contact solution. The high salt content removes all the dirt and protein on there.

It works! I swear!

2. What metal are your earrings? Gold, silver, platinum? I am always looking to find new ways to make my rings look sparkly!

3. Rose Gold and 14K gold.

I have other jewelry but they don't need cleaning, the just keep on sparkling.

4. I'll use mild liquid soap and a soft bristle to clean my earrings and bracelets to bring back the sparkles.

5. Liz, I tried this yesterday on my engagement ring. It worked perfectly and looks awesome! Thanks for the tip!

6. Go chemistry!!:yahoo: I knew all those years in class would pay off for something!

7. A little ammonia mix with water works really well too :yes: :yes:

8. In my opinion, nothing works better on diamonds than Dawn dish liquid and a baby toothbrush. I was stunned at how amazing my engagement ring looked after doing this. Someone on tpf suggested it a while back. It really works!

9. you can go to your jeweler and they can either laser clean or polish your jewelry. I maintain mine once a year for polish to also check it's prong and all.

10. I polish my diamonds all the time. I take my wedding ring in to the jeweler mostly. BUT if Im in a hurry...baby toothbrush and a bit of toothpaste! Makes it sparkle like crazy. If I have more time I actually hace a steamer so I use that. (xmas present last year!)
    Or good old jewelry cleaner that I bought from my jeweler.

11. You should really use a real jewelry cleaner! Saline solution is nothing more than salt water. Try a non-toxic jewelry cleaner.

12. I sometimes use tooth paste, seems to work.

13. Never tried it, but if it's dood enough for your eyes, why not!

14. Seems like a good idea..need to try that ^^ thanks :biggrin:

15. i usualyl soak my ring in efferdent for 20min, scrub it w/ a toothbrush , then finish it off w/ a windex shine, wiping it w/ terrycloth.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice