Anyone else a non-driver? Is this normal?

My mom used to have a huge phobia of driving, and for the first couple years of having my sister and I, would have friends drive all of us wherever we went. Eventually, she slowly got over it, at first driving in a parking lot, then on quiet residential street, and so forth. Now she drives on the freeway with no problems, and doesn't think about it anymore. So I would say if you take small steps you can definitely overcome this!

i wish i didn't have to drive. i really hate driving... it stresses me out and i can't hold a conversation with someone while i'm driving because i need to concentrate completely on the road.

I didn't drive until I was 30. I had a huge phobia but finally had to get over it when we moved to the suburbs and I had to get to work. It took me about a year before I felt totally comfortable but now I can't imagine not driving. :yes: I've even driven myself to San Francisco a few times which a few years aago I never would have imagined I could do!

In Texas we pretty much are forced to drive. Public transportation is iffy at best. If I chose to give up my car for example, it would take me 2 hours to get to work. :tdown: for Texas.

i dont drive. i lack confidence. Something about driving makes me turn to a sobbing pile of jelly! Really bizarre. I failed my test twice, sold my car and gave up.
I live in the country which is a bit of a pain.. but you just learn to cope.