Anyone else a little disappointed by the SAS?

highrider9o9

Feb 24, 2014
Not only by the selection, although there were some good items, but also by the discounts and final markdowns? I know this is COACH's first one, but usually, and I'm talking premier designers too, have their sas's their final markdowns go to around 80% off, and COACH didn't even make it to 60%. Not that I reallllllly needed anything but I was hoping to snag a bag or two that had been previously deleted at a really good price, but like I said I really didn't need it anyway, but I am surprised that they didn't only because I thought they were trying to get rid of older styles for the new collection? I don't know about all of you but my local FP boutique still has a lot of sale merchandise that hasn't moved or moved at all.

I was disappointed. The thing is that the preview sale started at the same time other stores were doing Friends and Family etc. Bloomingdales had prices on Coach bags that blew Coach SAS away. Plus I hated the selection of merchandise they had for the sale. My store had lots of leftovers too.....what will they do now, go to the outlet or FOS where they will be 75% off?

Probably, or maybe keep the sale going on coach.com for longer? I feel like the stores didn't really get that great a selection and the only really few exceptional pieces were online only.

I was happy with the prices. I waited until the 2nd round of markdowns and got 2 bags I really wanted--and didn't have to wait and wait and wait for them to "maybe* get to the outlet/FOS. Plus, I was able to get them in-store, so I could make sure there was no chemical smell--although one of them, I choose the display rather than their stock in the back b/c of the smell, and I forgot to check if it had a dustbag and sure enough, when I got home--no dustbag! Ugh.

I initially didn't plan on buying anything, but I got a Madeline with which I am happy. Overall, I thought they were going to mark everything down much more toward the end of the sale. Most of the items are still up there. They would probably move faster if they were marked down more.

I think the final week discounts are pretty aggressive.

In my experience, premier boutiques (Bottega Veneta, Tod's, Ferragamo, Gucci) don't discount handbags more than 30% - 40% (a rare poor selling bag might go 50%) in store. They send the remainders to the outlet for further reductions.

Department stores offer more aggressive discounts--they are more motivated to move the items. Second markdown in store for designer bags is usually up to 60%--but there's usually not much left at that point so it's almost irrelevant. :P

As far as selection, I was underwhelmed. Probably because I've been looking at that stuff too long! :smile:

I got what I wanted (pinnacle shoulder flap for 50% off) but I would have bought more if the discounts were more in line with what the department stores or outlets had. For example, I got a DSB from Macy's F&F for $100 and it was $139 in the SAS and I wanted another mini tanner but I got a black saffiano MT at my outlet for $100 and they are $149 in the SAS.

i think the final week discounts are pretty aggressive.

In my experience, premier boutiques (bottega veneta, tod's, ferragamo, gucci) don't discount handbags more than 30% - 40% (a rare poor selling bag might go 50%) in store. They send the remainders to the outlet for further reductions.

Department stores offer more aggressive discounts--they are more motivated to move the items. Second markdown in store for designer bags is usually up to 60%--but there's usually not much left at that point so it's almost irrelevant. :P

as far as selection, i was underwhelmed. Probably because i've been looking at that stuff too long! :smile:

+1

Not only by the selection, although there were some good items, but also by the discounts and final markdowns? I know this is COACH's first one, but usually, and I'm talking premier designers too, have their sas's their final markdowns go to around 80% off, and COACH didn't even make it to 60%. Not that I reallllllly needed anything but I was hoping to snag a bag or two that had been previously deleted at a really good price, but like I said I really didn't need it anyway, but I am surprised that they didn't only because I thought they were trying to get rid of older styles for the new collection? I don't know about all of you but my local FP boutique still has a lot of sale merchandise that hasn't moved or moved at all.
somehow that's not the case with mine xD.

I went tonight and they didn't have a lot of what I wanted. I did order the black violet small phoebe and got the ocelot small phoebe but I think I'm going to return the ocelot hubby thinks it looks cheap for the price.

I was happy with the prices. I waited until the 2nd round of markdowns and got 2 bags I really wanted--and didn't have to wait and wait and wait for them to "maybe* get to the outlet/FOS. Plus, I was able to get them in-store, so I could make sure there was no chemical smell--although one of them, I choose the display rather than their stock in the back b/c of the smell, and I forgot to check if it had a dustbag and sure enough, when I got home--no dustbag! Ugh.
This ^.
The markdown on the sale made me take a look at some bags that I really never noticed. Some prices were too good to pass up for the quality.
The new leather in FP is so much thinner it seems so I am stocking up on some styles I missed.